DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought PlayOn so I could stream a variety of stuff (mostly Hulu) to my AppleTV, and when goofing around with the 922 tonight I hit Home Media.

Well, there's the PlayOn server and the wife says "Wait, that works with the Dish box?"

I stared blankly at the screen and said "huh. Dunno. Haven't tried. Let's see..."

And presto-perfecto, not only does Hulu and Amazon Instant Video work on the 922 with PlayOn, but we get thumbnails for the titles, too. Unreal. WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS SOONER?!

http://www.playon.tv/po/buy/ if anyone else is interested. Lifetime license for $50 instead of $80 right now.

914 Posts
That's great to know. Thanks for the information!

RasputinAXP said:
I just bought PlayOn so I could stream a variety of stuff (mostly Hulu) to my AppleTV, and when goofing around with the 922 tonight I hit Home Media.

Well, there's the PlayOn server and the wife says "Wait, that works with the Dish box?"

I stared blankly at the screen and said "huh. Dunno. Haven't tried. Let's see..."

And presto-perfecto, not only does Hulu and Amazon Instant Video work on the 922 with PlayOn, but we get thumbnails for the titles, too. Unreal. WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS SOONER?!

http://www.playon.tv/po/buy/ if anyone else is interested. Lifetime license for $50 instead of $80 right now.

·
Know Nothing
6,270 Posts
RasputinAXP said:
Lifetime license for $50 instead of $80 right now.
Mine or theirs?

If they go belly-up before I die, do I get a refund?

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Theirs, I'd assume. It's already the best $50 I've spent on non-Skyrim software in the last 12 months.

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
I'm not familiar with the service. You paid the license then discovered it is already on the 922, or is it you need to pay the license to use it?

·
Know Nothing
6,270 Posts
You pay a license fee to use the streaming service through a PC, Boxee, Roku or other device. He just discovered that the 922 is one of those usable devices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.