DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It has to go one way or the other so why not? East goes first in so many things that I find it nice that west goes first in at least something in this world.

I also suspect that "west" has a higher percentage of satellite usage then does the east and that technical savy is higher in the west as a general rule of thumb. (Oh boy, here comes the flames.)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Because they all have my PayPal address... and they "slipped" me a few bucks.... Just kidding

Seriously though, it is partially due to that the Development center is out in LA, the "volume" of users in the area, and simply... they had to start somewhere.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
D Love said:
I'm here in the midwest and anxiously awaiting this. Any firm date?
No, there won't be any "firm" dates... or updates on the rollout till Monday/Tuesday.

After they evaluate the weekend of the limited rollout

·
4 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
No, there won't be any "firm" dates... or updates on the rollout till Monday/Tuesday.

Thanx for the info man. :)

·
DBSTalk Club Member
270 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

So Earl... does that mean that if I don't have it now, the earliest I'd see it is Monday or Tuesday?

Paul

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
pecocus said:
So Earl... does that mean that if I don't have it now, the earliest I'd see it is Monday or Tuesday?

Paul
Yes

·
AllStar
58 Posts
Have they ever thought about having a limited distribution to members of forums like this one? It seems that a significant amount of feedback could be obtained.

If I sign up to get the early release then I should know if there are problems, it was my fault.

I almost want to call it a "beta" testing group, but I know that will set some off.

PurdueGradMem

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
PurdueGradMem said:
Have they ever thought about having a limited distribution to members of forums like this one? It seems that a significant amount of feedback could be obtained.

If I sign up to get the early release then I should know if there are problems, it was my fault.

I almost want to call it a "beta" testing group, but I know that will set some off.

PurdueGradMem
They are "kinda" testing out that idea, right now with the latest R15 version.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Patience on this board is about as abundant as water in Death Valley... :rolleyes:

·
DBSTalk Club Member
581 Posts
It's probably better that they wait now till next week because any reboots tonight may screw up peoples recording of the NFL games. Also any bugs also could effect the games.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Reggie3 said:
It's probably better that they wait now till next week because any reboots tonight may screw up peoples recording of the NFL games. Also any bugs also could effect the games.
They are very cautious about releasing anything on the weekend.
I only remember it happening once so far on the HR20, and that was a real "risk" for them.

They do what ever they can to avoid weekend releases.

·
Legend
200 Posts
spidey said:
Just wondering why when a new sw load comes out it goes west coast to east? Any ideas or rational behind this?
Hmmm, I think it has to do with the rotation of the Earth. As you know, updates flow more easily in a counter-clockwise direction, resulting in a minimal amount of flow strength deterioration due to Westerly winds and friction.
Also there are gravitational and centrifugal force factors at work. If the updates were to be dispersed in the same direction as the Earth's rotation, some of the updates would be flung into the deep recesses of space. Can you imagine sitting in your 38 bedroom home on the planet Zork, trying to watch the Calbassian Ginguts beat the snot out of the Uritanian Opolets in a championship game of wangball, when suddenly your satellite receiver is bombarded by HR20 updates from Earth? I dunno about you, but I would be getting out the old ray-gun and looking for some humans to fry!:nono2: :nono:

I hope that explains it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please note that I waited until plenty of people had a chance to offer some serious answers before I inserted what I hope will be seen as a gentle poke of good fun.:)

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
deebeeeff said:
Hmmm, I think it has to do with the rotation of the Earth. As you know, updates flow more easily in a counter-clockwise direction, resulting in a minimal amount of flow strength deterioration due to Westerly winds and friction.
Also there are gravitational and centrifugal force factors at work. If the updates were to be dispersed in the same direction as the Earth's rotation, some of the updates would be flung into the deep recesses of space. Can you imagine sitting in your 38 bedroom home on the planet Zork, trying to watch the Calbassian Ginguts beat the snot out of the Uritanian Opolets in a championship game of wangball, when suddenly your satellite receiver is bombarded by HR20 updates from Earth? I dunno about you, but I would be getting out the old ray-gun and looking for some humans to fry!:nono2: :nono:

I hope that explains it.
Please note that I waited until plenty of people had a chance to offer some serious answers before I inserted what I hope will be seen as a gentle poke of good fun.:)
You forgot to mention the Coriolis effect

·
Mentor
34 Posts
deebeeeff said:

I hope that explains it.
That's probably the kind of excuse you would get from a D* CSR.

·
Legend
200 Posts
PoitNarf said:
You forgot to mention the Coriolis effect
Well, duh, it goes without saying. You think those aliens in the south of the Universe are exempt from a little D* space pollution? I think not.:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.