DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fromer Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody watching this World Cup? I think I'd rather watch 10 boring baseball games than one of these snooze fest. No wonder there is violence after these games. Soccer is so boring it drives people mad.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
I never liked soccer, watching it or playing it

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
I guess it all depends on what you're used to. It is by far the most popular sport in the world, and if you look at the stands at the matches, those fans don't look too bored. Of course, if you don't understand the nuances of the game, you won't appreciate it. This is why American football hasn't caught on anywhere else but here (The NFL Europe attendance and interest is not very high)....

·
Icon
524 Posts
Originally posted by boyddr
I guess it all depends on what you're used to. It is by far the most popular sport in the world, and if you look at the stands at the matches, those fans don't look too bored. Of course, if you don't understand the nuances of the game, you won't appreciate it. This is why American football hasn't caught on anywhere else but here (The NFL Europe attendance and interest is not very high)....
I have been fortunate enough to see Soccer in Brazil many years ago when I spent a summer there. More recently, I was happy to be able to attend all of the Soccer matches at the last olympics.

Soccer, like golf, tennis, etc , takes a great deal of talent to play well, but few americans can enjoy it.

And you are correct, American football is a joke in Europe and all other parts of the world.... but that is another story :shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.