DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Legend
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I have (2) HR24-100, SWM3, Wholehouse that has worked great in the past. Then 05d2 software was downloaded to both HR24's and the troubles began.

The following morning after the download, I would enter a channel change from my keypad, the new channel number would show in the upper left of the TV screen but the channel would not change no matter how long you waited. Enter the number again and it might change channels. Enter the number a third time and finally the channel would change. This is a random thing with no apparent pattern on both machines. So it boils down to, is it hardware or software?

I switched back to the old software and the problems went away so its not hardware. DTV downloaded the new software the following night and the problems came back. I have reset, pulled the plug and cleared the NVRAM with no luck in solving the problem

Now the fun begins, I call DTV and the CSR puts me thru the Hoops and then tells me I have to hit Enter after entering the keypad change. At this point I know that the person i am dealing with does not know how to operate the equipment and any further discussion was not going to go anywhere. She tells me to wait 72 hours and says goodby.

72 hours later I call DTV explain the problem, go thru the hoops and the CSR does not have a clue want the problem is, tells me to wait 72 hours and says goodby.

It seems a bit strange that DTV improves the software to the point where you cant change channels with the keypad. That seems to be pretty basic stuff.

I have just about had it.

SSTV
 

· DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
1,135 Posts
Do you have an iPad that you can use to change the channels? I have noticed the same thing and when I get frustrated I just use the iPad and it works much easier/faster. Just to confirm the channel changes via the network and not the remote is why I'm asking. Not saying this is the way to solve the issue.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wmschultz said:
Do you have an iPad that you can use to change the channels? I have noticed the same thing and when I get frustrated I just use the iPad and it works much easier/faster. Just to confirm the channel changes via the network and not the remote is why I'm asking. Not saying this is the way to solve the issue.
HI aLL
No I pad
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
36,659 Posts
sstv said:
HI aLL
No I pad
I had that problem with one of my 24-500s after that download. I flushed the Guide and the problem was resolved. Flushing the Guide data seems to work with various problems. Just reboot and when the reboot is over, reboot again.

Rich
 

· Legend
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All
I called again and finally got to someone who asked me to tell her exactly what my system was doing and what I have done to correct the problem.

She typed it up and said that it would be sent to the the people working on the software and they might contact me. I hope this helps.

I do not have internet connection on my system so I could not send in a report.

SSTV
 

· Legend
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rich said:
I had that problem with one of my 24-500s after that download. I flushed the Guide and the problem was resolved. Flushing the Guide data seems to work with various problems. Just reboot and when the reboot is over, reboot again.

Rich
Hi Rich
I did a double reset, but still have the problem. Thanks for the info.

SSTV
 

· Registered
Joined
·
24,401 Posts
sstv said:
Hi All
I have (2) HR24-100, SWM3, Wholehouse that has worked great in the past. Then 05d2 software was downloaded to both HR24's and the troubles began.

The following morning after the download, I would enter a channel change from my keypad, the new channel number would show in the upper left of the TV screen but the channel would not change no matter how long you waited. Enter the number again and it might change channels. Enter the number a third time and finally the channel would change. This is a random thing with no apparent pattern on both machines. So it boils down to, is it hardware or software?

I switched back to the old software and the problems went away so its not hardware. DTV downloaded the new software the following night and the problems came back. I have reset, pulled the plug and cleared the NVRAM with no luck in solving the problem

Now the fun begins, I call DTV and the CSR puts me thru the Hoops and then tells me I have to hit Enter after entering the keypad change. At this point I know that the person i am dealing with does not know how to operate the equipment and any further discussion was not going to go anywhere. She tells me to wait 72 hours and says goodby.

72 hours later I call DTV explain the problem, go thru the hoops and the CSR does not have a clue want the problem is, tells me to wait 72 hours and says goodby.

It seems a bit strange that DTV improves the software to the point where you cant change channels with the keypad. That seems to be pretty basic stuff.

I have just about had it.

SSTV
Just one note.. Type in the number and hit the enter key, and it should then go immediately to the channel you entered. No waiting necessary. Its always been that way. I know it should also tune if you wait, but hitting enter should work as well. (note: not select, but the actual enter button)
 

· Legend
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
inkahauts said:
Just one note.. Type in the number and hit the enter key, and it should then go immediately to the channel you entered. No waiting necessary. Its always been that way. I know it should also tune if you wait, but hitting enter should work as well. (note: not select, but the actual enter button)
Hi All
Boy do I have egg on my face. I never knew there was a ENTER key on the remote. I always used SELECT so I got my remote
, looked it over and could not find the ENTER key. I got the users guide, which has a nice picture of a remote on the back cover and labels for all the buttons. Sure enough, the ENTER button is in the lower right corner of the remote and it does work. Not what I am used to but better then entering a channel number 3 times.

Classic case of "look but not see".

SSTV
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top