DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than cluttering up the Software Update Issues topic with this info, let's use this to say you got it, didn't get it, forced download, etc. This will help others who don't want to check for it by forcing a reset.

Nothing yet here in Texas.

·
AllStar
53 Posts
Nothing here in Burlington , Kentucky.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Geez, I'm sure everyone will have it by the weekend. You guys need to be more patient. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
I figure I'll get it when I get it. No use coming here every 2 hours to see if it's getting closer to my state.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PoitNarf said:
Geez, I'm sure everyone will have it by the weekend. You guys need to be more patient. :rolleyes:
I did this for the sake of the issue's thread. lol

·
Godfather
294 Posts
just got home, and rebooted, entered the 02468 code, and it has started to download. 15%

whoops, just got E3 again. sorry

·
Legend
179 Posts
Not yet in Denver...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
I get the first cut being on the west coast, have any of you east coasters tried changing your zip to see if you can trick it to get the code? That assumes it uses the zip to determine if you get the code. I have no idea how they determine where the box is unless they are using customer records tied to serial numbers in the cards in the box.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
PoitNarf said:
I guess we're trying rival the TiVo community forums where somebody starts a new 6.3 watch thread each week that usually turns into 10 pages long. Sorry I just don't understand the need to track who has it and who doesn't yet. Everybody will soon have it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
btmoore said:
I get the first cut being on the west coast, have any of you east coasters tried changing your zip to see if you can trick it to get the code? That assumes it uses the zip to determine if you get the code. I have no idea how they determine where the box is unless they are using customer records tied to serial numbers in the cards in the box.
When they release the OTA enabled release, maybe, I'll start bleeding Dodger blue.:D Then again, how would this effect my guide, etc.?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
mikeny said:
When they release the OTA enabled release, maybe, I'll start bleeding Dodger blue.:D Then again, how would this effect my guide, etc.?
Assuming it actualy worked to get your download you would have to change your zip back to get correct guide data

·
Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
btmoore said:
Assuming it actualy worked to get your download you would have to change your zip back to get correct guide data
OK. Sure, real estate deals fall through all the time.:)

·
Godfather
305 Posts
Nice Avatar mikeny :righton:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.