DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 333 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Software 12/06/2006
Manufacture 700 - 0x104

Release Notes: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=72035

PLEASE DON"T POST... DIDN'T GET IT, or GOT IT tracking posts in this thread, they will be deleted

Extended Staggered Rollout: Small subset of users first (mostly Pacific Timezone), then a gradual increaes of the user base. primarily by timezones. Being that this is such a large release, it make take several days for everyone to receive the update. Please don't ask why you don't have the update, unless you see an update that the release has gone national; and you don't have the release yet.

Tracking Threads We will continue with the tracking threads for problems with this release: See Post #2

The more detail the better Simply put... the more detail you can provide the better the feedback.

Special Sub-Feature Discussion Threads
The updated/new Record menu items - Discussion
The updated History feature - Discussion
The OTA/ATSC feature - Discussion

Revision History:
Version 0xFA (11/22/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xF6 (11/21/2006): Discussion Thread Note: Was not released nationally
Version 0xEF (11/15/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xEB (11/07/2006): Discussion Thread Note: Was not released nationally
Version 0xE3 (10/19/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xDC (10/11/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xD8 (10/04/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xD1 (09/26/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xCC (09/16/2006): Discussion Thread Issue Thread
Version 0xBE (09/01/2006): Discussion Thread Issue Thread

The Original HR20 Review Thread
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=61862

Tips and Tricks Threads
Official Tips and Tricks
Unoffical Tips and Tricks v2.9

Unoffical Feature Request Survey
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=68183

Unoffical eSATA Feature Discussion
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=66201
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Issue Tracking: As of 12/10/2006 - 10:15PM CST; Post 246

  • Pinkie; The TrickPlay Icon
  • When adding padding, to a show already in the ToDo List; Unit responds with an endless "Please Wait". Thread
  • Pixelizing and video freeze issues (2 reports specifcally for HDNet) Thread
  • No Video or Audio; Menu and GUI Items displayed, but no "content" playback Thread 2nd Thread
  • Keep or Delete OSD; Upon playback Thread
  • MPEG-4 Audio drop outs (has occured over last three releases as well); Thread
  • Multiple Issues: Missed Recordings, from ToDo List; Frozen Playback; Would not tune Local Sat chanenls Thread
  • In Favorite Channel Setup; Paging of channel number list is inconsitant and sometimes won't let you move Thread
  • Lockup after Delete, and selecting next item to play Thread
  • Lockup while doing Search Thread
  • Multiple freeze ups, requiring reboots... Thread
  • Sunday Ticket Record Issue; Also some blue screens during playback Thread
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
415 Posts
Earl, any info/details on the release notes items? Some are self-explanatory (the CC stuff), but what did they improve WRT Parental Controls, or Trickplay?
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure what they enhanced with Parental Controls (waiting for an explanation).

They improved the video images during Trickplay and also the "jump" actions.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
56 Posts
Do they ever give you any details about some of the fixes? For example, many people have problems with recordings being cancelled, and this release says that it will be more reliable.

I'm just curious about what was causing some of my Center Ice and Sunday Ticket recordings to fail.

I guess it's the programmer in me.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
415 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
I am not sure what they enhanced with Parental Controls (waiting for an explanation).

They improved the video images during Trickplay and also the "jump" actions.
OK, thanks. Wake up, west coast people!!
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
69RoadRunner said:
Do they ever give you any details about some of the fixes? For example, many people have problems with recordings being cancelled, and this release says that it will be more reliable.

I'm just curious about what was causing some of my Center Ice and Sunday Ticket recordings to fail.

I guess it's the programmer in me.
It's the programmer in me as well... but they don't give me "that" level of detail.
 

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
911medic said:
Earl, any info/details on the release notes items? Some are self-explanatory (the CC stuff), but what did they improve WRT Parental Controls, or Trickplay?
The closed captioning stuff isn't self-explanatory to me. I need to see it (or have someone see it) and confirm that letters and words are no longer cut off, and that the TIMING issue has been taken care of.

Can anyone who has seen the new update speak to these issues?
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
415 Posts
Capmeister said:
The closed captioning stuff isn't self-explanatory to me. I need to see it (or have someone see it) and confirm that letters and words are no longer cut off, and that the TIMING issue has been taken care of.

Can anyone who has seen the new update speak to these issues?
I guess what I meant was "Closed Caption Text Accuracy" is more descriptive than "Trickplay Playback" or "Improvements to Parental Controls."
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
942 Posts
Is it early 2007 already? Man, where does the time go? A few days ago I was putting up my Christmas tree. Now I'm waiting for the OTA update to make it to my neck of the woods.

Oh... wait a minute... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,957 Posts
Don't bother forcing...it's West coast only for now...should reach East coast early next week...they are going slowly, and Earl says the feedback they get from Westies over the weekend will determine the speed of the rollout to follow.
 

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Was this west coast or national? I didn't get it (yet). I see a force in my HR20s future.
First post at the top of the page, from Earl:
"Extended Staggered Rollout: Small subset of users first (mostly Pacific Timezone), then a gradual increaes of the user base. primarily by timezones. Being that this is such a large release, it make take several days for everyone to receive the update. Please don't ask why you don't have the update, unless it you see an update that the release has gone national; and you don't have the release yet."
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
49 Posts
hasan said:
Don't bother forcing...it's West coast only for now...should reach East coast early next week...they are going slowly, and Earl says the feedback they get from Westies over the weekend will determine the speed of the rollout to follow.
*&%$!*%*!
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
49 Posts
LameLefty said:
First post at the top of the page, from Earl:
"Extended Staggered Rollout: Small subset of users first (mostly Pacific Timezone), then a gradual increaes of the user base. primarily by timezones. Being that this is such a large release, it make take several days for everyone to receive the update. Please don't ask why you don't have the update, unless it you see an update that the release has gone national; and you don't have the release yet."
Sorry....skim reading, didn't catch that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,158 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cookpr said:
Earl - I take it you have a large on the roof antenna in Tinley Park??
It's not "that" big... and it is attic mounted...
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
336 Posts

·
Mentor
Joined
·
38 Posts
Got the update this morning. Local off-the-air HD channels look fine. So far this release seems to work (dare I say it?) perfectly.

My faith in the programmers at DirecTV is kinda restored.

Sometimes it's VERY NICE to live on the west coast.
 
1 - 20 of 333 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top