• Other

Votes: 453 53.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 647 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Things seem to be running smoother than the 104 release. I have more OTA stations (and stronger) than I did on the Sony HD reciever I had before and I even have the networking up and going with Twonky on my Mac. Still have issues with the LPCM with twonky though but that has nothing to do with this release.

Menus seem a lot quicker also.

·
KS9W
27 Posts
Channel 2-1 in Chicago is in the guide but no reception, while I have
good reception on my Samsung 360.

Does anyone know why the signal strength would be 60 to 70% less
on the OTA Tuner-2 than Tuner-1? All the OTA stations are between
75-100% on Tuner-1 but almost nothing on Tuner-2?

·
AllStar
82 Posts
Capmeister said:
Update...as I paid attention to closed captioning on Conan O'Brian it is great. But the sound is out of synch a little.. It's not on my HR10.
That problem is not the HR20 for me. I was also seeing audio delay on Conan and I switched back to my TV tuner and saw it there too. From a Philly standpoint it appears to have been broadcasted with the audio issue.

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Download worked fine! All OTA coming in at 97-100, except CBS is at zero. Anyone in Atlanta have this issue? I thought 46-1 (CBS) fixed their week ass antenna problem here?

·
AllStar
52 Posts
Santa'ed 10B just after 11pm and have noted three problems:
1. While watching Battlestar Gallactica recorded on SciFi, used format option "1080i Crop" since BG is broadcast in letterbox. When progress bar displays during FF/REW noticed the screen distorts... appears to stretch the screen too much vertically. The picture returns to normal when the progress bar goes away.
2. During Antenna Setup, editting local channel list... paging back doesn't work. The channels scroll but are stuck... keeps scrolling the same set.
3. While watching Atlanta channel 5 (mpeg-4 sat), noticed audio synch problem. There was no audio synch issue when watching 5-1 (OTA). Other mpeg-4 channels work ok.
Many thanks to DirecTV and Earl for the early peek.

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
snewo said:
That problem is not the HR20 for me. I was also seeing audio delay on Conan and I switched back to my TV tuner and saw it there too. From a Philly standpoint it appears to have been broadcasted with the audio issue.
It was okay on my HR10, but I will say, two different channels. HR20 was WEYI-DT out of flint, HR10 was WILX-DT. My mistake.

·
Icon
763 Posts
Uploaded 10b (had 108) I lost 2 OTA channels I had with 108 but hopefully it's just temp, we'll see I guess.

Oh yea I watched a recorded show & PINKY LIVES!!

Pinky has been around since the HR20 came out so I think we need to start a save pinky campaign, it just wouldn't be the same without her!:p

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
arasner said:
..except NBC. Perfect signal strength directly into TV, O signal strength into the sat receiver.
Same with me though its on all my OTA sub channels still even with this download tonight. 0 signal strengh into receiver. Perfect into the TV. EPG received. 771 message still appears. 44131 zip in Cleveland.

·
Icon
763 Posts
The blue ring of lights is constantly "pulsing" (going from off to low to med to high) it does this when playing back a recored show or watching live, very annoying!
Also I don't seem to be able to turn off the ring of blue.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
TheMoose said:
Also I don't seem to be able to turn off the ring of blue.
Simultaneously press left and right on the ring buttons. On each press they'll go through several levels of brightness, then off.

Right?:)

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
Just J said:
Confirmed - as with 0x108, Channel 2-1 in Chicago shows zero signal strength (not acquired). I can get all the other digital OTA Chicago DMA locals (well, the ones I care about) fine.
Channel 2 is probably the weakest one out there. The only person I know who gets it is my brother-in-law and he lives by Comisky there. He could probably run a wire directly to the tower.

·
Icon
763 Posts
Coffey77 said:
Simultaneously press left and right on the ring buttons. On each press they'll go through several levels of brightness, then off.

Right?:)
I understand that's how it's done, what I'm saying is it doesn't work anymore, I can't cycle thru diffrent levels of brightness or turn it off, it's constantly pulsing.

·
Icon
869 Posts
This is a small bug. More cosmetic. When you go to the System Info tab on the help menu. If you scroll down, you expect to see copyright info for D*. The page ends before you see information about D*...and the cyclone design, etc.

Good night.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
TheMoose said:
I understand that's how it's done, what I'm saying is it doesn't work anymore, I can't cycle thru diffrent levels of brightness or turn it off, it's constantly pulsing.
The "pulsing" means that your DVR thinks it's in "pause mode". You probably need to reset the DVR.

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
With previous updates, when I was still using the internal HD with recorded programs, every manual reset after an update resulted in me having to force a reformat of the HD in order to recover from hangs on reboot, and after I started using a SANS Digital MS2UT eSATA enclosure (two Seagate 750GB HDs in RAID-0) a manual reset with oxfa resulted in an auto-reformat of the HD.

I have since switched to using a Thecus eSATA enclosure with two WD 500GB HDs set up in a RAID-0 configuration. With multiple recorded programs, forced an update from 0xfa to 0x10b. Update went smoothly, no hanging, no auto reformat, and the recorded programs were still on the playlist after the update was done - as things should be.

This is a huge improvement for me as compared to previous updates. If I have time, maybe I will test 0x10b with the internal HD to see if it hangs on reboot...

·
Icon
763 Posts
litzdog911 said:
The "pulsing" means that your DVR thinks it's in "pause mode". You probably need to reset the DVR.
That did the trick!
Thanks it was starting to get on my nerves!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Coffey77 said:
Channel 2 is probably the weakest one out there. The only person I know who gets it is my brother-in-law and he lives by Comisky there. He could probably run a wire directly to the tower.
To bad it is run of the Hancock... :)

There is something up with WBBM-DT in Chicago.
DirecTV is actively looking into it.

·
6 Posts
Thanks for the insight guys!! I downloaded the new update right at 10:01. went fine no hickups. as for other info:
Green Bay
I'm using a RCA powered rabbit ears thing and I've noticed that I could bring in more strength on my old h20 than with the HR20. HR20 seems touchy. Got all my locals except for WACY 32 but like I've said in another post; 32 is NBC 26's red headed stepchild so go figure. Didn't really play with the record button much yet but so far I am really satisfied. I haven't had any hickups (knock on wood) as of yet with this new rollout from last night.

21 - 40 of 647 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.