• Other

Votes: 453 53.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
641 - 647 of 647 Posts

·
Icon
645 Posts
Have had my HR20 since 1/11. It automatically downloads 0x10b. (Knock on wood) I haven't had any major issues yet. Had some audio dropouts on my ABC HD channel that first night (D* broadcast, not OTA). Have set up 6 series links. Everything has recorded ok so far. Just finished watching the 1st two 24 episodes last night -- used pause, rewind, slip -- without any problems. Saw just a few pixelations, but actually have been seeing those the past few months on my SD R10 receiver also. Did have one incident where all but one of my series links were shown as being cancelled. I had gone in to re-setup my OTA and it re-downloaded the local info for the program guide. When I check my prioritizer, only was showing 1 of my 6 SLs. Checked history and the rest were shown as being cancelled. Did this about 10 p.m. Also checked the program guide and found that beyond about noon the next day, nothing was showing up. Got up the next morning, checked the guide and the majority of the info was there for the next couple of weeks -- some was still missing but not much. Re-checked my prioritizer and all of my cancelled SLs were back!!!

The only thing I could figure was when the receiver downloaded the program guide data for my OTA, it wiped out everything else as well and started over. Then, I'm assuming that since there were no future programs shown on the guide, the SL "automatically" cancelled themselves, but when the program data came back they came back as well. I did not do a RBR, just put the receiver in standby. I have not had to do a RBR yet (knock on wood).

·
8 Posts
I have a question about some problems I have encountered this week. Have had the unit since mid December. It has been working great no problems.

Now this past week I go to watch a program I have recorded and get a instant Keep or Delete type of thing. If you say keep to watch it does nothing, it's like it did not record anything, other choice is delete. So far this week it has happened 4 times and it is only Thursday.

Looking at the firmware it says I have ox10b, that it was upgraded to that December 16th. Shows no other upgrades since then yet this week is the first time I have encountered the problem. Is there any cure for this problem? Do I have a unit that went bad?

Wow a DVR is suppose to record, now I don't know if what I record will be there for me to watch anymore, kinda defeats the purpose of having one. Last night I hit the record button for a show that it messed up ealier in the evening from the Guide to try and redo it. Lucky I stayed to watch it live cause this morning when I went to watch it again got the instant delete thing. That makes 5 this week.

·
Godfather
450 Posts
Reverted back to 010b from 0115 two days ago when I crashed while using trickplay while watching a recording (4xFF). Then last night while on 010b, I was watching an SD channel recording and I cued up 7x30secSlip and it froze on a black screen. I had to do a RBR again. Looking forward to Raven.

·
AllStar
65 Posts
No updates since 10b. This morning all my HR20 would receive was the MPEG4 locals. Every MPEG2 channel, including OTA, displayed a blank screen. Previous recordings played fine. Normal operation returned after RBR. I recall someone else posting this same problem a few days ago.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
ksninew said:
Channel 2-1 in Chicago is in the guide but no reception, while I have
good reception on my Samsung 360.

Does anyone know why the signal strength would be 60 to 70% less
on the OTA Tuner-2 than Tuner-1? All the OTA stations are between
75-100% on Tuner-1 but almost nothing on Tuner-2?
Dude. No one can get 2-1

·
Legend
132 Posts
More info about my video 'stuttering':

While watching "Hockey Day Minnesota" yesterday, I was watching FSN North almost all day with nary a hiccup. As soon as the Wild game started at 8p, I switched to the HD feed.

Immediately, the video wasn't synced with the audio and the video itself was very jumpy.

After pausing or backing up a few seconds, the video and audio synced up fine and the video was normal. Going back to watch the program again (I recorded it), it played without issue, as well. Changing channels and coming back to the HD feed, the video problems started up again. The same pause/backup solution worked to correct it after that, as well.

At this point, I can speculate on what's causing the problem. However, I have no way to confirm anything beyond the symptoms.

Is there *anyone else* that is experiencing the same or similar behavior?

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Since this release every other day I have to reset the HR20 because all of my channels except for the mpeg4 channels just didn't work. Anyone else have any problems like this?

Edit: Just saw the post by UncD2000, so now that I am not the only one, anyone here of a solution, will the 0X11 updates cure this problem? Thanks

641 - 647 of 647 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.