Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
PoitNarf said:
Ooooh, look at all the fixes!
Is this the big one? Will the BSOD go away? It's like "As the D* Turns." Judging by the fix list, this one will turn the box into a winner. But let's see.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jamielee said:
Come on Directv give us OTA!!!! The box has been out for about 8 weeks
8 Weeks tomorrow actually... OTA is comming...

·
Banned
49 Posts
OTA... anyone, anyone...Bueller, Bueller...

I'd say the same for dual buffers, but please...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,606 Posts
Earl, I know you have got to have some sort of date for the ota, please pass it along, or atleast tell us what the problems are with it.

Also why is the sound effects option shaded and unavailable?

·
Legend
152 Posts
This will be my first update with series recordings in place. Will I lose anything as far as programs in my TO DO list due to the auto reset after download? I am not home right now and won't be until tomorrow some time.

·
Godfather
270 Posts
Mike Huss said:
I can confirm the caller-id works, I tested that. Haven't verified the other stuff yet.
Just got the update and Caller-ID still does not work for me.

Paul

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
hadji said:
This will be my first update with series recordings in place. Will I lose anything as far as programs in my TO DO list due to the auto reset after download? I am not home right now and won't be until tomorrow some time.
Doesn't affect To Do, I don't think.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hadji said:
Yes, you will lose everything... and it will be like the HR20 is just comming out of the box for the first time.......

Nah just kidding... you will be fine. Your ToDo List will rebuild over the next 24 hours (rolling, closest to latest)...

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pgfitzgerald said:
Just got the update and Caller-ID still does not work for me.

Paul
What error message are you getting.
And do try a different phone cord. The reason I said that is that I previously was getting that message, and I changed the phone cord and I no longer received that message. Went back to the old cord, got the message...

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Earl,

I just saw the update was available, normally I let the box sit overnight on and it gets updated in the early a.m.

I just turned it off, since I'm going to watch OTA on the Sammy for the next hour or so. Any chance it will update without me forcing it? Otherwise, I'll turn it back on at 11:30 p.m. and let it do its thing in the a.m.

I don't want to force an update.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hasan said:
Earl,

I just saw the update was available, normally I let the box sit overnight on and it gets updated in the early a.m.

I just turned it off, since I'm going to watch OTA on the Sammy for the next hour or so. Any chance it will update without me forcing it? Otherwise, I'll turn it back on at 11:30 p.m. and let it do its thing in the a.m.

I don't want to force an update.
I don't think so... normally they don't start "pushing" the update till later in the night.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
I don't think so... normally they don't start "pushing" the update till later in the night.
Thanks, I'll turn it back on and do my normal viewing then. Good luck everyone!!!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SParker said:
Phone line needed for update?
Phone lines are not necessary for any of the software updates on the HR20/R15

1 - 20 of 787 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.