· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Software 11/15/2006
Manufacture 700 - 0xEB

---------------
Release Notes:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=70030

PLEASE DON"T POST... DIDN'T GET IT, or GOT IT tracking posts in this thread, they will be deleted

Note: This is going to be a STAGGERED rollout starting in the Pacific Timezone. It may take a few days for everyone to receive the update.

Note #2: This time; In this thread... Please list your HDMI issues. To help identify them, put HDMI ISSUE as the first line of your post. Then list your Make/Model of your TV.. and then describe your issue. As I see them, I will roll them up to the 3rd post in this thread.

Note #3: Please, when listing a problem.... try to get as specific as possible... Saying "It Froze" and that it is, does no good in helping finding the cause. Saying: "It frozen, when I was recording MPEG-4 NBC Chicago, and I was re-organizing my Series Links"... helps in finding a combination that can recreate an issue. As I see an issue, I will roll it up to the 2nd post in this thread.

Previous Version Thread:
Version 0xEB (11/07/2006): Discussion Thread Note: 0xEB was never released nationally
Version 0xE3 (10/19/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xDC (10/11/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xD8 (10/04/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xD1 (9/26/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xCC (9/16/2006): Discussion Thread Issue Thread
Version 0xBE (9/1/2006): Discussion Thread Issue Thread

The Original HR20 Review Thread
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=61862

Tips and Tricks Threads
Official Tips and Tricks
Unoffical Tips and Tricks

Unoffical Feature Request Survey
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=68183

Unoffical eSATA Feature Discussion
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=66201

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Last Update: 11/15/2006 9:45am As of post (in this thread): 34

• Pink FF/Trickplay Icons Post Multiple Reports
  • MyPlaylist not populating correctly, after delete.... Shows a BLANK list Post

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HDMI Tracking Post

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PoitNarf said:
Just how much faster is 30 sec slip now? Is it a noticeable difference?
Nearly day and night, IMHO

With 6-8 30s "qued", slips the average commercial break in about 10-12s...

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
markf said:
Got 0xEF this morning, after having 0xEB for a week. Repeating manual recordings are still screwed up and not working after box resets. If I look in the History list, all instances are marked as Cancelled. And if I click on that, I get a screen listing all sorts of TV shows along with their times.
With your history listing them all as canceled... that is normal, for a reboot of the box. When ever the unit reboots, "ALL" entries in the todo list are "Canceled", and are reflected as such in the History.

Repeating manual records, should populate as the guide data repopulates and the background scheduler runs to re-populate the todo list.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gbsnplr said:
I am sorry new here but what is trick play and how do I do the 30 slip?
Trick Play refers to anything that results in playback outside of normal playback. So FF, RW, Skip To Ticks, Pause, Slow, 30s SLIP... ect

30 SLIP is a fixed length (roughly) FF mode, that will go ~30s of material.
With the latest updates, it "slips" past 30s of material in about 2s

The forward advance button, top right of the play button on your control... .Clockwise arrow

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
deebeeeff said:
Just another - IMHO unfortunate:nono2: - term for FF, REW etc.:grin:
Maybe some day they will just call it: "FF, REW etc.":hurah:
It is just a term to refer to all of those functions as a whole..
Each individual one, still has it's individual name.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
04sxwin said:
Received OxEF update during the night. While it was working it seemed a big improvement. However, just as with the OxEB update, the box is freezing up on me. No response to remote or panel front. I'm resetting, but I'm concerned with the continued instability. Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions.

Thanks
Have you ever done a full system format?

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
btmoore said:
Anyone taking odds on if the Unwatchable and Partial bugs are fixed in this release?

On the last release (and the all the past releases) I had the Partial bug in the first few day or so, and the Unwatchable popped up by Sunday night.

The one positive thing I can say about 0xeb is it was the first release that I did not have a lockup, but based on the feedback of others I am chalking that up to luck.

The one thing you can say about the HR20 is, "Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf#ck!ng snakes in this motherf#ck!ng DVR."
Sorry Samuel Jackson, When ever a new release comes out its like a horror thriller, is the bug there is it going to get me and piss off the wife again. Oh the suspense.

So far, all is well, is it the calm before the storm or smooth waters?
I'll take the bet that they are still there....

While they are trying to get them out... as far as I know... they haven't identified a repeatable pattern. So just as they have fixed one of the causes, there are still others.

What I hope, is that some of the reasons are in fact corrected and the frequency decreases.... As for then "why release this", well there are things that have been corrected and improved in this release (and the last).

Should they sit on those for months, while they try to get ever bug fixed?
And I am not belitting the seriousness of the partial and corrupted recordings, not one bit. But every little bit helps. So long as they don't take steps backwards with the release, the end goal gets that much closer.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
mikeharden said:
One simple request.
Please turn on OTA
:rolleyes:
Welcome to the forum, and take a look around at some of the other threads.
As you can then see, this is a pretty much standing request.

It will be enabled, when it is ready to be.
It is not like they are sitting there... hmm... do you think they want ATSC..

As for the replies I deleted....
Please.... don't reply like that... it doesn't help or improve the discussion.
Because one leads to another, which leads to another, which leads to another...

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Jeremy W said:
Oh Earl, always so level-headed! :D
:D Have to be... or I would lose it... and today is even harder... as I had a nice 1.5hr session with my dentist office.... :nono2:

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
MasMic said:
Earl,

Do you know if it's possible the east coast will get the update tonight? I'm busting to see the improved 30 second slip and 4x FF. I always worry when I see a couple people stating problems thinking it may hold up the update.

Regarding those people that continue to have a lot of issues with their HR-700's, wouldn't it be great to take someone's HR20 that works well, yours or mine for instance, and let them have it to see if the problem stems from their feed.
Yes, there is a possibility....

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
islesfan44 said:
Do you know why this is, and if it might be fixed soon? One of my favorite features of a DVR is to hit record on a future program, then forget about it. This is a particularly annoying bug!
"We: have had the debate a few times, and don't want to get into it in this thread...

It is not a bug, it is how they programmed it to be.

Basically, when the system reboots... the system validates all the items that where in to the todo list. In the vast majority of those cases, the guide data for that program hasn't reloaded, so the validator "cancels" the scheduled recording.

The unit then re-adds those programs to the To-Do list, as the guide data loads, and the background scheduler runs.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
I'm clear that it will re-add Series Links, but will it also re-add any one-time-only recordings that might've been programmed, for instance a movie?
It should... and I haven't seen a large amount of posts (especially recently), of people stating the opposite.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Peapod said:
Actually TiVo has a Trademark on TrickPlay as a term referring to these features. It's the best way I've found to describe the various time shifting features of a DVR in short, so I use itwith non-TiVos as well.
Hence why you don't see the term used in Official DirecTV documents.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
kokishin said:
Why? Was your dentist complaining about his HR20? !rolling

Just teasing (^_~)
I'll give you some points for that one...

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
mooniac said:
I've had VERY few problems with my 2 HR20s but this morning I noticed something odd. After the upgrade I noticed that one of my TVs (Vizio L32HDTV) which is connected to an HR20 via both component and HDMI was now using component rather than HDMI. I had previously been using HDMI without a problem. I tried to switch it back and the TV won't get any picture with HDMI. After several power cycles of turning the TV on first and the the HR20 on first I had no success. I tried both reseating and replacing the cable (with a brand new cable from monoprice) still with no success. Nothing seems to bring the HDMI back :( Unfortunately it's a real pain to disassemble my home theater to swap HR20s.

Anybody have any suggestions?
I dont' know if you have tried it....
But unplug your TV... let your TV sit for about 5 minutes so it fully resets.
Then pull both the component and the HDMI...

And then hook up just the HDMI, and try to power everything back up

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
Gbsnplr said:
After this update I now have a BSOD. Once I reboot the system starts but then shuts itself off. What can I do to fix the issue?
How far does it get into the startup process, before it restarts.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
jschuman said:
How long does the download take? I've never done this before but I *think* I initiated a forced download and now it has been at the 'Startup Complete! Preparing to acquire satellite info...' screen for around 10 minutes.
From start to finish... ~10 - ~15 minutes

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.