DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Godfather
272 Posts
Please please roll this out quickly! :) I need 4x trickplay and the faster 30s slip! The improved CC would certainly be welcome, as well.

And the flubbed "jump to tickmark" and the lack of tick marks at the start and end of a program in 0xE3 is driving my wife crazy.

· Godfather
272 Posts
I just had the 4x FFWD do something odd. It is completely repeatable on this MPEG4 HD recording of letterman from a couple days ago.

If I let the 4x FFWD or RWD go for a couple seconds, the key frames stop displaying on the TV (one frame is frozen on screen) and all of a sudden, the mark will jump forward by ~25minutes then start displaying frames again. The DVR is still responsive when the frame is frozen. I can hit play and it plays.

Edit: Oddly enough, this doesn't appear to be happening with my recording of Day Break MPEG4 in 720p. I wonder if it is a 720p/1080i decoding thing. Like the DVR gets overwhelmed with decoding 1080i at 4x. Doesn't happen with 480i MPEG2, either. It doesn't appear to happen with 1080i MPEG2, either.

So, as far as I can tell, it only happens with 1080i MPEG4 for me.

Actually, now I cant get it to happen on my Heroes MPEG4 recording. Maybe it is just that Letterman recording (just checked, still happens with Letterman)?

I am not currently recording anything.

Also, I notice that when fast forwarding, a grey bar appears at the top of some of the frames. But that is a really minor nit. This happened with 0xEB, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.