DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 903 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention also. Jump Back is faster now, too. It also appears that Jump Back goes back roughly 6-seconds on each press. I hit it 5 times and bounced back quickly about 30 seconds.

5 Posts
I am also very impressed with the trick play. Very smooth Leno MPEG4 with regular frame updates, not the hit and miss of last version. 4FF is so fast who needs "go to tick mark"? j/k.

Very nice DirecTV, Thanks!

Don

· Legend
200 Posts
Gbsnplr said:
I am sorry new here but what is trick play and how do I do the 30 slip?
Just another - IMHO unfortunate:nono2: - term for FF, REW etc.:grin:
Maybe some day they will just call it: "FF, REW etc.":hurah:

· Cool Member
12 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
With your history listing them all as canceled... that is normal, for a reboot of the box. When ever the unit reboots, "ALL" entries in the todo list are "Canceled", and are reflected as such in the History.

Repeating manual records, should populate as the guide data repopulates and the background scheduler runs to re-populate the todo list.
Since the manual recording is for 8pm M-F, I'll keep an eye on it today and see if it actually works. It didn't with 0xEB. I'd say the Canceled screen is definitely still a bug.

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
I have having trouble with one of the Trick Play (or Cruise Control) features. I'd appreciate if someone else could verify this or prove my ineptitude. I was trying to Skip-to-tick to get to the END of the Live TV buffer. It may be a design decision to NOT do this, but just going back in forth in the buffer it seemed like the right thing to do. I was able to Skip-to-tick to each of the tick marks, but between the last tick mark and the end of the buffer I was only able to use the ADVANCE button to jump forward. Perhaps someone else could just verify that what I observed is true or not.

Also, regarding Skip-to-tick. My remote does not seem responsive enough to easily get it right. It appears that I have to (1) press FF or RW, then (2) press and hold FF or RW for three seconds to get it jump. Is this the correct operation?

· Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,178 Posts
Can someone PLEASE test closed captioning? Are words/letters cut off? Garbled? Is live CC scrolling too quickly? Does one line, then another, appear (staggering lines) when someone is talking?

· Godfather
356 Posts
brott said:
but between the last tick mark and the end of the buffer I was only able to use the ADVANCE button to jump forward. Perhaps someone else could just verify that what I observed is true or not.
To get to the end, I think your suppose to press and hold the slip button.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
brott said:
Also, regarding Skip-to-tick. My remote does not seem responsive enough to easily get it right. It appears that I have to (1) press FF or RW, then (2) press and hold FF or RW for three seconds to get it jump. Is this the correct operation?
Are you using the remote that came with the HR20?

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
LockMD said:
That's is correct: press and hold the 30-sec Slip button to jump all the way to the end; press and hold the Jump Back button to get to the beginning.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
deebeeeff said:
Just another - IMHO unfortunate:nono2: - term for FF, REW etc.:grin:
Maybe some day they will just call it: "FF, REW etc.":hurah:
It is just a term to refer to all of those functions as a whole..
Each individual one, still has it's individual name.

· Godfather
262 Posts
Anxiously awaiting this update....its 9:30 in Chicago and two pages into this thread there are no "major" problems with this update...

Could it be they finally got one right??

New 30sec Slip sounds great....

· AllStar
55 Posts
I really like the 4x in 0xEF. However, I'm still seeing the random "Pink Box" w/ the FF, RW, etc. Hard to pin-down what causes this in the present or past. I know it's a known issue. Just wanted to state its status in this software on my HR-20.

Native "On"
HDMI
Samsung LN-S4695D

· Hall Of Fame
13,446 Posts
325xia said:
I'm still seeing the random "Pink Box" w/ the FF, RW, etc. Hard to pin-down what causes this in the present or past.
It's a GUI bug, not (obviously) related to any specific things the user does.

Post #1000. In pink, in honor of the HR20's least serious bug!

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
LockMD said:
Yes, this is correct, and this does work if I first press ADVANCE, then press and hold ADVANCE. When I was between the last tick mark and the end of the buffer I expect the FF skip-to-tick to take me to the end in addition to the ADVANCE button doing it. Perhaps DirecTV intended this, it just seems awkward to me.

· DBSTalk Club Member
237 Posts
LameLefty said:
That's is correct: press and hold the 30-sec Slip button to jump all the way to the end; press and hold the Jump Back button to get to the beginning.
Since EB and now into this update the main glitch is the jump back 30 hold down to go back to beginning is not working.

I can jump to the end, which is what I have to do to get to the beginning now. Go to end, srop-don't delete hit play again. Very annoying.

Anyone else having this issue.

· AllStar
60 Posts
brott said:
Yes, this is correct, and this does work if I first press ADVANCE, then press and hold ADVANCE. When I was between the last tick mark and the end of the buffer I expect the FF skip-to-tick to take me to the end in addition to the ADVANCE button doing it. Perhaps DirecTV intended this, it just seems awkward to me.
I think that is because there isn't a tick at the end to forward to. If you manually put a bookmark at the end, it seems to work.

21 - 40 of 903 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.