DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 903 Posts

· AllStar
60 Posts
grate88 said:
Since EB and now into this update the main glitch is the jump back 30 hold down to go back to beginning is not working.

I can jump to the end, which is what I have to do to get to the beginning now. Go to end, srop-don't delete hit play again. Very annoying.

Anyone else having this issue.
I just tried this after reading your post and it seems to work fine for me, at least in an MPEG4 recorded program from before the update.

· AllStar
60 Posts
Capmeister said:
Can someone PLEASE test closed captioning? Are words/letters cut off? Garbled? Is live CC scrolling too quickly? Does one line, then another, appear (staggering lines) when someone is talking?
Seems to be working reasonably well. There was nothing cut off. The scrolling isn't too quick, at least for me. Yes, the staggered lines still appear and there is the occasional garbled word.

· AllStar
61 Posts
It's great that they are releasing yet another upgrade...but this whole BS that it gets released in the Pacific time zone first (and only for some updates) is really beginning to bug me.

Whereas the people in the west coast have seen two updates in the past week, us here in the east have not seen anything since October 19th.

The last "staggered" release (0xEB) never made it here, and who knows if this one ever will or if they will, once again, make fixes to it and release it only in the Pacific time zone next Wednesday.

As long as they are not taking any major steps back (which I don't think so), they should be more willing to release these things nationwide. Or, I have an idea, how about doing it staggered but, once in a while, STARTING in the Eastern Timezone??

Bernardo in Miami

· Crivens!
768 Posts
mooniac said:
Seems to be working reasonably well. There was nothing cut off. The scrolling isn't too quick, at least for me. Yes, the staggered lines still appear and there is the occasional garbled word.
I've always believed most of the garbled/misspelled/missing words were the fault of the person typing in the CC data, not the fault of the broadcast system or receiver/DVR.

· I am Iron Man!
1,672 Posts
325xia said:
I really like the 4x in 0xEF. However, I'm still seeing the random "Pink Box" w/ the FF, RW, etc. Hard to pin-down what causes this in the present or past. I know it's a known issue. Just wanted to state its status in this software on my HR-20.
I have seen the pink box in older software releases as well. But I have never seen anything bad come from it. Is it a bug simply because it is there? Or does it do something bad?

· DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
roguebjp said:
It's great that they are releasing yet another upgrade...but this whole BS that it gets released in the Pacific time zone first (and only for some updates) is really beginning to bug me.

Whereas the people in the west coast have seen two updates in the past week, us here in the east have not seen anything since October 19th.

The last "staggered" release (0xEB) never made it here, and who knows if this one ever will or if they will, once again, make fixes to it and release it only in the Pacific time zone next Wednesday.

As long as they are not taking any major steps back (which I don't think so), they should be more willing to release these things nationwide. Or, I have an idea, how about doing it staggered but, once in a while, STARTING in the Eastern Timezone??

Bernardo in Miami
I can't say for sure, but the reason they went to the next update was because EB was unstable, so isn't it better for those of us who will get the stabillity of EB plus the new features of EF?

· Legend
200 Posts
Someone mentioned that channel changes with Native On is "MUCH faster". Man, I sure don't see it. Or, better put, it is still not fast enough for me to warrant leaving it on.:nono2: :nono:
But the rest of the changes and improvements are greatly appreciated.:balloons: :icon_band

· DBSTalk Club Member
237 Posts
mooniac said:
I just tried this after reading your post and it seems to work fine for me, at least in an MPEG4 recorded program from before the update.
Thanks for the input. Not sure why this is affecting me. The box is really stable otherwise.

· AllStar
61 Posts
Slip Jigs said:
I can't say for sure, but the reason they went to the next update was because EB was unstable, so isn't it better for those of us who will get the stabillity of EB plus the new features of EF?
I don't think that it was any more unstable than what we already have.

Bernardo in Miami

· Icon
942 Posts
burnside said:
Love the 30 second slip! Way better. I can live with that now.
Alright, I am very excited to get this update. I am one of those people who doesn't take my thumb off the 30-slip button when viewing recorded shows. I use it for every commerical break. I was addicted to the 30-skip button with my HR10-250 and I've been really hoping the slip got better. I'm glad to have missed 0xEB, but sometimes the waiting for updates to hit the East Coast really sucks. :(

Bob

· I am Iron Man!
1,672 Posts
roguebjp said:

As far as I can tell the last update appeared to be a major step back which is why all of us did not get it. I certainly did not want it, and hoped to get this next update instead (assuming it is not broken). So I think you may be a little off in thinking that the people that got the previous update had something better than the rest of us.

· Cool Member
18 Posts
I am glad that I am on the East coast, so only the good /useful updates make their way to me. If they are using the west coast as a beta test ground.. I'm not complaining.. :lol:

· Legend
239 Posts
deebeeeff said:
Someone mentioned that channel changes with Native On is "MUCH faster". Man, I sure don't see it. Or, better put, it is still not fast enough for me to warrant leaving it on.:nono2: :nono:
But the rest of the changes and improvements are greatly appreciated.:balloons: :icon_band
What resolutions have you defined as allowed for your TV on the HR20? I only have 720P and 1080i set as options, and the change time is not that bad. 480i content comes through as 720P while 720P and 1080i are native. Turning off 480i and 480P cut the switch time greatly for me.

· Legend
231 Posts
Wow, from the look of these posts I am really excited to get this update. I just hope that things don't go downhill once the majority of the West Coasters get home tonight and start 'testing' things. But, this is definitely a good sign.

· I am Iron Man!
1,672 Posts
SockMonkey said:
Alright, I am very excited to get this update. I am one of those people who doesn't take my thumb off the 30-slip button when viewing recorded shows. I use it for every commerical break. I was addicted to the 30-skip button with my HR10-250 and I've been really hoping the slip got better. I'm glad to have missed 0xEB, but sometimes the waiting for updates to hit the East Coast really sucks. :(
It doesn't suck if the updates are not up to specifications!

As for the 30 second slip... Does anyone really think it is 30 seconds? With my ultimate TV I would hit the 30 sec skip after a football play and they were lining up for the next play. It was timed perfectly. You can get through a game watching only the action in probably 50 minutes. With the HR20 the 30 sec slip is *WAY* off. The play has already happened and they are starting the next huddle. So either the ultimate TV was a 20 sec skip or the HR20 is not really doing 30 seconds. Maybe this update fixes that, but 30 seconds is 30 seconds skip or slip, it should not matter. Has anyone else wondered about this?

· AllStar
50 Posts
Just played around with the FF and Rewind and they are definitely improved. The 4x's FF is great. Once we get OTA I will be a happy camper, and my daily visits to this forum may come to an end. :lol:

· Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,178 Posts
mooniac said:
Hmm... I am not optimistic now. The staggered lines should NOT be appearing. The entire sentence should appear, stay long enough, and then disappear.

For example:

Now is the time
for all good men

should appear on the screen. Not:

Now is the time

and then after a moment

for all good men

appears.

It's very jarring and doesn't give enough time to really take in what someone is saying. :(

41 - 60 of 903 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.