1 - 20 of 678 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Software 11/22/2006
Manufacture 700 - 0xFA

Release Notes: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=70789

PLEASE DON"T POST... DIDN'T GET IT, or GOT IT tracking posts in this thread, they will be deleted

National Release All HR20's should be receiving this release

Tracking Threads We will continue with the tracking threads for problems and HDMI problems with this release (posts #2 and #3).

The more detail the better Simply put... the more detail you can provide the better the feedback.

Revision History:
Version 0xF6 (11/21/2006): Discussion Thread Note: Was not released nationally
Version 0xEF (11/15/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xEB (11/07/2006): Discussion Thread Note: Was not released nationally
Version 0xE3 (10/19/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xDC (10/11/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xD8 (10/04/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xD1 (09/26/2006): Discussion Thread
Version 0xCC (09/16/2006): Discussion Thread Issue Thread
Version 0xBE (09/01/2006): Discussion Thread Issue Thread

The Original HR20 Review Thread
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=61862

Tips and Tricks Threads
Official Tips and Tricks
Unoffical Tips and Tricks

Unoffical Feature Request Survey
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=68183

Unoffical eSATA Feature Discussion
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=66201

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
0xF6 to 0xFA

At this point, all I know is that the development team on monday identified some additional stability points in the software, that they wanted to correct for the national release.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
0xF6 to 0xFA

At this point, all I know is that the development team on monday identified some additional stability points in the software, that they wanted to correct for the national release.
Perhaps there is also a timer in the software that will switch OTA on on Thanksgiving morning? :D (wishful thinking, I know) December 1st is coming awfully close you know.

·
AllStar
60 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Issue Tracking Post:
Good morning, Earl!

Is there any timeline on when recurring manual recordings will be fixed? I am attempting to record x channel M-F. It takes the information, but upon looking at Prioritizer it says none scheduled. Nothing shows up in the "to do" list. The program(s) appear in the guide.

What about caller ID? This has not worked for several upgrades.

·
AllStar
58 Posts
Earl, any idea if/when dual buffer feature will be made available. Seems like that is a very popular feature. If this is the wrong board for this, I apologize. By the way, thank you so much for this valuable service for *D users. I for one appreciate your efforts, as I'm sure all of us do. Have a great Turkey day. Hope you don't spend it all monitoring this board :)

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
Got this new one. Seems good. CC obviously wasn't worked on in this release...and I have more info on my blackout issue--which STILL happens. But I noticed it happens only when the screen is VERY VERY white. This was not happening on the H20 or in early HR20 revisions. Is it possible replacing my cables could help this, or is it just my TV being kinda cheap (Hisense 17 inch)?

I tend to think it has nothing to do with the HR20 itself, really.

Man, if they can fix the CC timing and placement issues and give me OTA, this is da box for me.

My HR10 recorded the HD of Heroes the other night, but the station didn't broadcast CC with it, so my brother couldn't watch it. We went to the SD recording of Heroes from the HR20 and watched that. We used the TV's CC via RCA cables and turned off the HR20's captioning. Was great. My brother agreed the 30 sec. slip is fast enough to go thru the ads, but shows you enough to know if you want to see the ad, and we like it.

A little more work and I can make this unit my main DVR!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ram4784 said:
Good morning, Earl!

Is there any timeline on when recurring manual recordings will be fixed? I am attempting to record x channel M-F. It takes the information, but upon looking at Prioritizer it says none scheduled. Nothing shows up in the "to do" list. The program(s) appear in the guide.

What about caller ID? This has not worked for several upgrades.
Good morning... Sorry though, I don't have any answers for you.

The prioritizer can take up to 4-5 hours to reflect "scheduled" values.
If when you check later tonight, it is still not working. Please post.. .and I'll add it to the list.

As for caller-id.... That is a troublesome little bugger... as it cold be something physical (wire, port), or something with the service, or something in the code.... I know they are aware of people having issues with Caller-id... but I don't know of any specific path they have with regards to trying to correct it.

I had a problem for a little while, until I replaced my two port splitter, and one of the phone lines.... Since then, no problems.

·
Legend
249 Posts
I've never reported this bug, but it has existed with every software version so I thought it would make sense to post it. I am using DD and every time I turn on the HR20 there is no sound. However, once I change the channel or play something from the playlist, the sound works fine. It is really only a significant issue when I want to use the buffer for a show that is on when I turn on the unit b/c I'll lose it if I change the channel. The only recourse is to watch something from the playlist for a second and then return to live TV, which is a bit of a pain. Earl or anyone else - any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
RMSko said:
I've never reported this bug, but it has existed with every software version so I thought it would make sense to post it. I am using DD and every time I turn on the HR20 there is no sound. However, once I change the channel or play something from the playlist, the sound works fine. It is really only a significant issue when I want to use the buffer for a show that is on when I turn on the unit b/c I'll lose it if I change the channel. The only recourse is to watch something from the playlist for a second and then return to live TV, which is a bit of a pain. Earl or anyone else - any thoughts?
How is your audio set up? Does the HR20 output to the TV speakers via L+R RCA cables or HDMI? Or do you have the HR20 connected to an audio receiver with the optical output?

·
Icon
942 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
The prioritizer can take up to 4-5 hours to reflect "scheduled" values.
Just confirming this. I have seen this on many occasions with the updates and other restarts. It can take quite a while. Luckily I have not missed any recordings because of this (yet).

Earl Bonovich said:
As for caller-id.... That is a troublesome little bugger... as it cold be something physical (wire, port), or something with the service, or something in the code.... I know they are aware of people having issues with Caller-id... but I don't know of any specific path they have with regards to trying to correct it.
This is something I've always expected to have problems with, but never have. I have Vonage VOIP and figured that it would give me problems. However, since day one with the HR20, my caller ID has worked flawlessly. I do have a line run from the back of my HR20 straight to the VOIP router (which is about 150 feet away).

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
The only recourse is to watch something from the playlist for a second and then return to live TV, which is a bit of a pain. Earl or anyone else - any thoughts?
Even if you are not actually getting the audio through the HDMI cable, this could be an HDMI issue. I go optical out to the receiver but HDMI to the TV, and I sometimes get audio dropouts in the first seconds of starting up while the HDMI negotiation is taking place.

If you are using HDMI especially, please describe the issue as accurately as you can including model numbers so Earl can pass it on to the developers.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
RMSko said:
Same problem... I just set a button on my remote to switch input and back...

·
AllStar
58 Posts
Here's one for the group: I have "The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart" and "The Cobert Report" set to record FIRST run only. In my TODO list, ALL shows are set to record. Both shows repeat several times during the day. I'm certain I've set the Scheduler correctly. These two shows are the only ones that record BOTH first runs and repeats. Annoying, but not a show stopper for me.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
PoitNarf said:
Perhaps there is also a timer in the software that will switch OTA on on Thanksgiving morning? :D (wishful thinking, I know) December 1st is coming awfully close you know.
It only took 5 minutes from when the thread was started for someone to mention OTA.
:)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
giden said:
Here's one for the group: I have "The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart" and "The Cobert Report" set to record FIRST run only. In my TODO list, ALL shows are set to record. Both shows repeat several times during the day. I'm certain I've set the Scheduler correctly. These two shows are the only ones that record BOTH first runs and repeats. Annoying, but not a show stopper for me.
It is partially due to how the the shows are entered in the guide data.
If there is enough information in the guide data (especifically an episodeid), the HR20 should not record the "same" episode as one that is already on the hard drive.

However... it all depends if it can identify the show as a duplicate.

·
AllStar
58 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
It is partially due to how the the shows are entered in the guide data.
If there is enough information in the guide data (especifically an episodeid), the HR20 should not record the "same" episode as one that is already on the hard drive.

However... it all depends if it can identify the show as a duplicate.
Sooooooo, there's nothing I can do?

1 - 20 of 678 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.