Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 455 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Software Update: 12/8/2006
R15-100 : 1029
R15-300 : 106C (Note 0x105F was the release, until ~ 1/14/2006; It has now been replaced by 106c)
R15-500 : 10FA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Notes
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=72355

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE DON"T POST... DIDN'T GET IT, or GOT IT tracking posts in this thread, they will be deleted

NOTICE !!!!!!!!
As of right now: FORCED UPDATES ONLY!
This version is the "release candidate" available for you to FORCE download, if you so wish.
There is always the chance that it can be pulled.... So only "FORCE" the update if you wish to.
Until DirecTV starts to auto-push the update; This is a "release candidate"

Previous Version
R15-500 Only Release 10E8 Discussion
104B/10D3 Discussion Issues

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Issue Tracking

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
In many respects 10FA is fast than what I've been seeing under 10E8. At least to my eyes.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This "was" a big update, so it can take longer then any of the previous ones.
Plus right now, there are several "updates" in the data stream...

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
I didn't time the download on my -500, but it didn't seem like more than 5 minutes. Maybe 8 total download/reboot time.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For those of you "early birds"... I added a note to the Release notes, regarding the settings for Series Links

·
Godfather
266 Posts
*10FA*

Big thumbs up so far. None of the sluggish response that was in 10F1 and 10F4. I can now skip commercial with FFX3 and only use the 'jump back' button 3 or 4 times to get back to the show. Not as good as 30 sec skip, but not bad either.

They actually fixed the stupid 'jump back' bug. Previously it was only 4 seconds and would often jump back, play a second of video, then jump forward a second or two and resume playing video. It was damn near useless and very frustrating.

With 10FA the 'jump back' seems to be a pretty consistent 7 seconds. I used the clock on a recorded basketball game to measure it. Unfortunately, it still has the occasional jump back, play, jump forward a second, resume play bug which looks like a video glitch because it's so fast. That bug is still slightly annoying, but is a hell of alot better than before because it still gives you about a 5 second jump back- before this update that bug meant only about a 2 or 3 second jump back.

So now my grade for the 'jump back' function is a solid B-. Before this update it was an F. If they ever fix the hopping forward glitch it'll be an A.

I like the 'jump to beginning' function. It was annoying to have to RW all the way to the beginning or 'jump to end', exit, and start over. Nice fix.

When deleting a show from MyPlaylist with the 'dash-dash' it is nice not to have to scroll all the way down from the top like in previous versions.

I think Wolffpack mentioned it in another thread, I can verify that the "Mark and Delete" function is waaaaay faster now than it was before.

I've been fortunate that my R15 has been very stable with almost no lockups and only very rarely a missed recording. The only time I had serious issues was when the HD had some bad sectors which I fixed by using the Seagate utilities.

If I had to name one requested/needed feature it would be dual buffers or AT LEAST fix the live buffer to remember the pause point, which really shouldn't be all that hard to implement.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Ouch. Prioritizer performance is the worst I've seen. It's a full six seconds to move an item up or down, and I only have 17 items.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
walters said:
Ouch. Prioritizer performance is the worst I've seen. It's a full six seconds to move an item up or down, and I only have 17 items.
Could be that the guide data is still processing in the background.
Let us know if it continues like that after a few hours.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Could be that the guide data is still processing in the background.
Let us know if it continues like that after a few hours.
It's been about 10 hours since I got the update.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
walters said:
It's been about 10 hours since I got the update.
I'll have to check mine out to see what kind of performance I have with it.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
You try the typical reset after it being installed to see if that helps?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,790 Posts
You all may want to check your existing SL settings. In addition to changing the default SL setup to "both", it reset all my existing SL's to "both".

·
AllStar
56 Posts
R15 (300) w/ forced 105F.

All looks extremly well! Series links did not default to both. After update I was taken back through the guided setup. All data (SLs) remaind.

Here is a picture of the Caller ID. I don't remember the bottom line being there before. Does anyone know what the whole line says about Mute/Vol ........?

Cable television Television Gadget Television set Output device

Attachments

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
I did loose 2 SLs out of my 50 during the update. I don't know if this was due to the update or isa bug that's been out there as I also last 1 SL last weekend when I reset the unit.

Also appears the Open/Close All in Myplaylist appears to work properly now. It's quite slow paging through the entries with all opened (I'm at 1% available).

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rgraham541 said:
Here is a picture of the Caller ID. I don't remember the bottom line being there before. Does anyone know what the whole line says about Mute/Vol ........?
Basically a "reminder" that if you wanted to MUTE your volume to answer the call.

1 - 20 of 455 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.