• Other

Votes: 66 30.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 455 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,790 Posts
I've been checking the ToDo vs my SL's and noted something interesting. Many of my SL's aren't in the ToDo for next week, but are for the following week. I checked the guide to make sure it's not because it's correctly skipping repeats. CSI Miami on Monday doesn't appear to be a repeat. It's in my ToDo for the 18th. I hit rec and got the R. I hit it again and got the R)), which disappeared a second later. I hit it twice more, and after a second the R)) switched back to R. Same thing for a couple Law & Order shows.

No, I haven't tried a reset. I just got my guide repopulated. :D

EDIT: As I get further into next weeks guide, the data is not right. I guess I'll do that reset!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wolffpack said:
I did loose 2 SLs out of my 50 during the update. I don't know if this was due to the update or isa bug that's been out there as I also last 1 SL last weekend when I reset the unit.

Also appears the Open/Close All in Myplaylist appears to work properly now. It's quite slow paging through the entries with all opened (I'm at 1% available).
Any estimate on how many "programs" are in your MyPlaylist then?

·
Mentor
33 Posts
I've tried a forced update, and the system just sits a 0% until it fails 10 min later and asks me to push the red button.

I've forced a DL before, and it has completed, although not always getting a new SW version obviously.

I am trying it again, and it is 8 min into the update, still sitting at 0%.

Just curious if anyone else is having this problem.

This is on a R15-100. I may try it on my -300 and see if it works there, but that is on the primary TV with quite a few movies recorded that I haven't watched yet, and don't want to take the chance of losing them if I have some kind of critical problem requiring a full reset.

(The download just failed after 10 min as I was finishing this msg)

·
Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
powersb said:
I've tried a forced update, and the system just sits a 0% until it fails 10 min later and asks me to push the red button.

I've forced a DL before, and it has completed, although not always getting a new SW version obviously.

This is on a R15-100. I may try it on my -300 and see if it works there, but that is on the primary TV with quite a few movies recorded that I haven't watched yet, and don't want to take the chance of losing them if I have some kind of critical problem requiring a full reset.

Try flipping the sat lines on the back of your R15 take the cable going to sat1 and move it to 2 and take the old 2 and move it to one. Let me know if that works for you.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
RAD said:
I did a forced download at 10:20CST and it did not take the new software, still on the old version. Has D* pulled it already?
Nope it's still out there, DTV is just pushing like 5-6 updates out for various receivers right now so it gets cycled. Just try again later on. :)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
powersb said:
This is on a R15-100.
The R15-100 may not be in the stream right now... so if you don't get it on the first or second try, you may have to wait till Monday or later.

Sorry about that.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Just ran into my first lockup under 10FA. I reset about 16 hours ago so figured the guide would be close to being complete by now. I went into the prioritizer and pulled up an SL (Untold Storied of the ER). It came up with the "no episodes" message and I selected "Don't Delete". The unit just sat there, video and audio still playing in the PIG. It sat for about 5 minutes then changed to just the blue background screen with PIG running and the DTV logo in the top left corner. From that point on nothing would work. Did a RBR and could not repeat the problem.

There is a USotER in my Tivo guide for next Saturday and I would have through 16hrs would have been enough time to get the R15 guide populated through the next week. Could have been a fluke but now I get to wait another 16-24 hours for guide data.

One item I noticed was that the REC light was a dim blue color when the unit was locked up. Not sure what that means.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Any estimate on how many "programs" are in your MyPlaylist then?
I've got 156 entries in MyPlaylist. However, after my last reset the Open/Close All is back to opening only some entries, not all.

·
Legend
105 Posts
I tried to download the update twice today on my 300 and it did the same as yours. Tried once on my 500 and it just re-downloaded the current version.

powersb said:

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Clint Lamor said:
Nope it's still out there, DTV is just pushing like 5-6 updates out for various receivers right now so it gets cycled. Just try again later on. :)
Tried again at 14:00CST, R15-300 and still on 104B level of software after doing forced download. Maybe I'll try later or just give up and let D* tell the box to upgrade when they're ready.

·
Icon
805 Posts
Wolffpack said:
Just ran into my first lockup under 10FA. I reset about 16 hours ago so figured the guide would be close to being complete by now. I went into the prioritizer and pulled up an SL (Untold Storied of the ER). It came up with the "no episodes" message and I selected "Don't Delete". The unit just sat there, video and audio still playing in the PIG. It sat for about 5 minutes then changed to just the blue background screen with PIG running and the DTV logo in the top left corner. From that point on nothing would work. Did a RBR and could not repeat the problem.

There is a USotER in my Tivo guide for next Saturday and I would have through 16hrs would have been enough time to get the R15 guide populated through the next week. Could have been a fluke but now I get to wait another 16-24 hours for guide data.

One item I noticed was that the REC light was a dim blue color when the unit was locked up. Not sure what that means.
I ran into the same thing in Prioritizer while checking SL. Screen became a "darker blue" like it was trying to process but I eneded up restetting after 10 minutes. I did notice the screen pulling in and going back out as it appeared to be trying to process. I will leave the SL's alone until tomorrow.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Wolffpack said:
Maybe it's to let D* know if it's a real lockup or it's waiting. Or the blue light from the outside infected the inside :D

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
cabanaboy1977 said:
Maybe it's to let D* know if it's a real lockup or it's waiting. Or the blue light from the outside infected the inside :D
It was dim enough to ask yourself if it was on. But once I pressed the RBR it went to off and was very noticable. If dim blue means something it might be nice to know.

·
Legend
188 Posts
Am I doing something wrong? I'm relatively new to Directv and am trying to force an update to my R15-300. I reset with the red button and at the blue screen enter 02468. It goes through an software update and completes through 100%. All looks fine but then the firmware is still at the previous 0x104B.

Bill

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
wrj said:
Am I doing something wrong? I'm relatively new to Directv and am trying to force an update to my R15-300. I reset with the red button and at the blue screen enter 02468. It goes through an software update and completes through 100%. All looks fine but then the firmware is still at the previous 0x104B.

Bill
Bill, I don't think you're doing anything wrong since the same thing is happening with my R15-300.

21 - 40 of 455 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.