• Other

Votes: 66 30.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
441 - 455 of 455 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
The only function the zip code does when it is entered during setup is to provide the dish aiming values. If you already know them and don't need that info, it really doesn't matter what zip you enter.

In the Active channel, there is another place to enter a zip code for your weather. That is independent of the zip entered during setup, and the only effect it has is to show the local weather for that zip code.

Carl

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
mackaz said:
Thank you! The other posts may be removed. This gets so many threads on the same topics at times, I thought it couldn't hurt.

Thanks, for your response, Carl.
Actually mack it's good for these posts to remain. Others will also come around looking for the same answers. Using the search tool they could find your posts and find the answers you were provided. Don't worry about what you've posted. It will help out others in thr future.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,026 Posts
I know this is OT but apparently 10E8 is still in the Data Stream because I did a RBR because the 30 sec slip had quit working and I decided to try a 02468 update to see what would happen and I was downgraded from 10FA to 10E8.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
bjflynn04 said:
I know this is OT but apparently 10E8 is still in the Data Stream because I did a RBR because the 30 sec slip had quit working and I decided to try a 02468 update to see what would happen and I was downgraded from 10FA to 10E8.
That would surprise me. Earl?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
Wolffpack said:
That would surprise me. Earl?
It surprises me as well.

10E8 should not be in the stream.
Where did it say you had 10E8? On the software download screen...
Or the System Information Screen

·
Godfather
385 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
It surprises me as well.

The "downgrade" happened to me on 1/31/07. I automatically got the 10fa upgrade on 1/10/07. On 1/31 I tried to force a download, and got 10e8. Know this from the System Info screen. It didn't last long though. In a few minutes I got a message something like, "DirecTV wants to download some 'data'.", followed by two option choices, like "Now", or "Later". I selected "Now". Another download started, and I ended up with 10fa, again.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,026 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
It surprises me as well.

It showed up on the System Information screen and also I seen that in the menu My playlist was changed back to My VOD. but about ten minutes after 10E8 downloaded a screen came up asking me if I wanted to update so now I am back to 10FA.

·
Legend
176 Posts
rlambert7 said:
"DirecTV wants to download some 'data'.", followed by two option choices, like "Now", or "Later". I selected "Now".
I got the same screen. Only when I selected "Now", it started downloading 10E8.

So, I reset it and it hasn't asked me to re-download again.

What's going on with this Earl? Do they want us going back to the previous version?

·
Godfather
385 Posts
mpoyner said:
I got the same screen. Only when I selected "Now", it started downloading 10E8.

So, I reset it and it hasn't asked me to re-download again.

What's going on with this Earl? Do they want us going back to the previous version?
How did you know it was "started" downloading 10E8? If it was because you saw in the upper RH corner of the screen something like .../10E8/..., that is not what it is downloading, but rather what version you currently have.

It never tells you what it is downloading. You don't know what it downloaded until it's all finished, and you do a "Info&Test".

·
Legend
176 Posts
rlambert7 said:
How did you know it was "started" downloading 10E8? If it was because you saw in the upper RH corner of the screen something like .../10E8/..., that is not what it is downloading, but rather what version you currently have.

It never tells you what it is downloading. You don't know what it downloaded until it's all finished, and you do a "Info&Test".
Hmmm? That's interesting. I'm pretty sure that with the HR20, it's the exact opposite. I assumed the R15 was the same. So maybe I'm wrong about the HR20 then, also?

I'll try it again. Maybe I had the correct version and forced a downgrade on accident because I saw that number as meaning what it was downloading. I'll try again.

·
Legend
176 Posts
mpoyner said:
I'll try again.
Ok, I'm not sure I understand how this works, if it is indeed true that the number in the top right is not the currently downloading software.

Here's what's happening: When I force a download, it says that it has found NEW software. It starts downloading. In the upper right-hand corner, it says xxxx/10E8/xxxx, etc.

When I check the software version in the "Info & Test" screen after the download is finished and it has booted up, it says that 10E8 was the last-downloaded version, and "My Playlist" has been renamed "My VOD" (what it used to be named before the upgrade in December).

So, all signs point to me having 10E8, even though it said it found new software and 10E8 was what was indicated in the top-right corner of the downloading screen.

I've done this 5 times now, with no luck of getting the 10FA software.

Earl, help! :confused:

·
Legend
115 Posts
My system was running 10E8 and I forced update to 10FA in the hopes it would resolve my problems. It did not. I tried it again and it went back to 10E8 but then in the middle of a program it said 'your receiver needs to reboot to get a software update' or something to that effect. And then it downloaded 10FA again.

441 - 455 of 455 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.