30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Software Update:
R15-100 : ??
R15-300 : ??
R15-500 : 10F1 11/03/2006
As of right now, I don't have the version numbers for the R15-100 or R15-300

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not post, I got it, I didn't get it posts...

This is going to be a Staggered Rollout and could take several weeks. The mods and admins will be deleting posts saying if you got it or not.. as we don't want to clutter the thread. If someone wants to start a tracking thread... go ahead. We will delete them, content and all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Notes
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=68938

Previous Version
R15-500 Only Release 10E8 Discussion
104B/10D3 Discussion Issues

The initial discussion
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=69141

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
This is the current issues post. We'll start out with a clean slate (rather than pasting it as I did last time). Please try to reproduce those issues you are interested in after receiving the update and report back here to get them back. I will attempt to keep this post updated as a summary of this thread. (And in good faith to any developers reading this post, I've omitted my signature :D)

OK, even though I don't have the update, I've put back a few that I'm fairly sure still apply.

Severe:
  • Some recordings have periodic frozen images with no sound for 2-6 seconds. Not a signal issue. reference
  • Blank recordings (playback shows either blank screen or the last thing played). Reboot deletes the blank recording. reference

Serious:
  • Limits. Limits. Limits.

Moderate:
  • History is worthless (no reason for why something was "cancelled", shouldn't waste space on things "recorded"--wait until they're "deleted" to notate them in history, etc.)
  • Inability to setup SLs on multiple channels.
  • Can't always distinguish between first-run and repeats
  • Channels I receive not right (so autorecord find records unsubscribed channels)
  • Won't stop FF when pressing play Discussion Thread Added: 11/05/2006
  • Won't pause live playback Discussion Thread Added: 11/05/2006

Annoyances:
  • Loss of guide data on reset or power outage.
  • No original air date
  • Jump back inconsistent/1 second jump forward following jump back.
  • Wrong channel in banner and guide. Reference

Mod Edit: By Earl
Thanks to Walters for doing this... I asked him to help out.
Our goal here is provide a concise consolidated list of the identified, confirmed issues with the release.
This way they won't get lost in a long thread. So in most cases, we will try to list the issue... and the corresponding thread or post.

The current issue thread from the 10E8 release

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
So Earl, do you have anyidea why the wasted the time to change it to MyPlaylist?

Other than that it looks like it's good update. I thought there would be some changes to moving things in the prioritizer or limit increases :(, but still a good release.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cabanaboy1977 said:
So Earl, do you have anyidea why the wasted the time to change it to MyPlaylist?

Other than that it looks like it's good update. I thought there would be some changes to moving things in the prioritizer or limit increases :(, but still a good release.
The MyVod I think was portraying something different... VOD
I think the name change (Which probably took about 5 minutes to do), I think is display it more so of what it is.

·
Godfather
356 Posts
"Tuner 1 will always be enabled, so the unit can be used to peek dish allignment and allow users to playback recordings when no sat signal is detected."

To clarify, does the above mean when there is NO signal due to weather, we will now be able to watch pre-recorded shows without that nag screen?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LockMD said:
"Tuner 1 will always be enabled, so the unit can be used to peek dish allignment and allow users to playback recordings when no sat signal is detected."

To clarify, does the above mean when there is NO signal due to weather, we will now be able to watch pre-recorded shows without that nag screen?
I don't know yet.... Hopefully.. but it wasn't specifically listed.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
The MyVod I think was portraying something different... VOD
I think the name change (Which probably took about 5 minutes to do), I think is display it more so of what it is.
I guess that makes sense (I know it only took 5 mins but it just seemed odd thing for them to do).

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
LockMD said:

I hope that doesn't mean the second tuner will time out like it use to. After so long it would just time out and you'd have to reset to get it see the tuners again.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,595 Posts
Got the new update here in Washington NC. Did the 02468 and got it.
I really like the addition of the record options, select the show from the PLAYLIST and the options show up, instead of going thru the to do list like before, now its right there.
The one touch season option on the current show is a little confussing, it doesnt tell you anything, once you go to the playlist and select the title you will see the season info.

And now when you delete its says CANCEL THIS, CANCEL ALL, instead of DELETE.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlueSnake said:
OK, I'm confused.

Is this just for the R15-500, or for all the R15s?

:confused:
This particular one is for ALL R15's... but as of right now, I only have the version numbers for the R15-500

·
Godfather
356 Posts
LockMD said:

To answer my own question. YES!!

No more nag when watching something from MYVOD (My Playlist now). I unplugged both sat feeds and still no nag while watching a pre-recorded show. Now that we are enetering storm season, I hope the next update for the HR20 includes this too.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
qwerty said:
Has anyone checked if the limits have been increased/eliminated?
As far as I know... I don't think either of the limits have changed.

·
Super Moderator
12,863 Posts
LockMD said:
The ability to use the R15 to do dish alignment was actually implemented in an earlier release - it has worked since 10Dx whatever, before 10E8.

Associating the recording playback to that feature appears to be new.

Carl

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
walters said:
This is the current issues post. We'll start out with a clean slate (rather than pasting it as I did last time). Please try to reproduce those issues you are interested in after receiving the update and report back here to get them back. I will attempt to keep this post updated as a summary of this thread. (And in good faith to any developers reading this post, I've omitted my signature :D)

OK, even though I don't have the update, I've put back a few that I'm fairly sure still apply.

Severe:

Serious:
  • Limits. Limits. Limits.

Moderate:
  • Inability to setup SLs on multiple channels.
  • Channels I receive not right (so autorecord find records unsubscribed channels)

Annoyances:
  • Loss of guide data on reset or power outage.
  • No original air date
  • Jump back inconsistent

Mod Edit: By Earl
Thanks to Walters for doing this... I asked him to help out.
Our goal here is provide a concise consolidated list of the identified, confirmed issues with the release.
This way they won't get lost in a long thread. So in most cases, we will try to list the issue... and the corresponding thread or post.

The current issue thread from the 10E8 release
Guide on the HD, nope.
TDL is still stuck at 100.
History is still lacking in real detail and stuck at 50. No change from what I can see.
SLs on multiple channels....nope.
First run logic doesn't seem to work for the many FoodTV shows that air multiple times a day.
Original Air date? Not that I've been able to find.
Jump back consistent. Kinda. It does seem to jump back a steady 4 seconds now but I also notice a 1 second skip ahead after the jump back.

·
Godfather
356 Posts
cabanaboy1977 said:
I hope that doesn't mean the second tuner will time out like it use to. After so long it would just time out and you'd have to reset to get it see the tuners again.
Nope, it worked well (in my test). I re-hooked both sat lines, no reset required. TV was back to normal with both feeds working normal.

·
Legend
136 Posts
The only significant change that I like is the skip back to beginning when holding down the skip back button more than 3 seconds.
Stability I haven't crashed yet but lets give it some time.

Keith

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.