DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,026 Posts
Wolffpack said:
Personally I think the Jump Back has gotten worse since 10E8 in that it jumps back a steady 4 seconds but then plays maybe a half second and skips ahead 1 second. I've also noticed the RRx2 or x3 does a strange skip once you press PLAY. It doesn't start playing from where you pressed PLAY.
I noticed that too. Since I gotten 10F1 on Friday I have to hit the Jump Back button at least four times to stop the 30 Sec Skip.

·
Banned
2 Posts
when will the below be coming to the hr20 ?

that way the r15 and hr20 are still similar and people having both, will not have to learn new stuff betwee similar recievers

Fixes

* Stability issues related to 40+ Series Links
* Numerous stability corrections

Improvements

* Quick Delete (DASH-DASH) in MyVod will no longer jump back to the top of the MyVod list. It will stay in the same group, or go to the next item in the list.
* Tuner 1 will always be enabled, so the unit can be used to peek dish allignment and allow users to playback recordings when no sat signal is detected.
* Improved trickplay performance
* Improved logic to distinguish first runs over repeats
* Favorites remain after reboot
* Please Wait OSD will appear quicker when a process is taking a long time. (vs the system appearing to be frozen and unresponsive)
* MyVod is now called MyPlaylist
* Various GUI Changes/Updates

New Features

* One Touch Record settings can now be used on a show that is currently airing. First click will start to record the program; Second Click will set that program up as a Series Link (and it will continue to record the current airing episode)
* Series Link Setup/Settings are now in a dedicated menu option. They are no longer a 2nd tab under the record menu.
* Single Record Option, has a new menu option -> Record Single Episode
* Hold the Jump Back button for 3 seconds, and the playback will jump to the start of the recording/buffer

·
Banned
2 Posts
use first run date geeze it aint that hard

directv tivos and non tivos use them

and if directv would use the full guide data stream, and stop trying to play with it, we would never had these non-record issues

so directv has fouled it up on purpose

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
aaaooooo1 said:
use first run date geeze it aint that hard

directv tivos and non tivos use them

and if directv would use the full guide data stream, and stop trying to play with it, we would never had these non-record issues

so directv has fouled it up on purpose
Now that would make WAY TOO much sense!

·
Legend
100 Posts
earl will there be a record option to record a program only on that channel on that time and on that date

for example (2) smallville on cw on thursdays at 8pm like comcast dvr does? yes i know manual does it (which is what i'm using) but i'd like to see the title not manual record in myvod or anything.

next is the tonight show same logic cept monday through friday.

manual can do it but still.......

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
To record a program on a channel at a date and time all you have to do is highlight the program in the guide and push the record button once. Presto. Done.

Carl

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
Well obviously I did not understand your question. Can you perhaps restate it some other way?

There are 3 ways to record. One is to record a single show using the method I just described. Another is to establish a series link, where the same show is recorded every time it comes on. That can be refined to either first run only, or first run and repeat (although the first run only choice has not worked properly and is hopefully fixed in the latest software release). The third way is to do an entirely manual recording by date, time, and channel. That can also be set for a single recording, or a recurring recording for that time and channel.

Which of these are you referring to?

Carl

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Lantian said:
did ya understand my post? i'm talking bout series shows. not series link. anyone here used comcast dvrs before?
On a series, why would you not want to create a SL?

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
I guessing here, but one that's accustom to using a DVR from a cableco may know exactly what they used to record their shows on that unit yet may have not made the connection between that unit and the unit he/she currently has (the R15).

The only cableco DVR I've seen is the COX unit my son/daughter in law has. Coming from a Tivo background I can't figure out how to make that thing work. But my 6 year old grand daughter can be-boop around those menus and pull up anything she wants.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
According to the release notes, and what I have been told.
That should no longer be the case.
Where do you think I picked "40"? :D Nice of them to admit it, finally, though.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Lantian said:
why not make an sl for series? simple records reruns
Have you tried it since the F1 release?
If the code is similar to the HR20's, and from the initial feedback (from wolffpack and others)... the First Run vs Repeat logic has improved significantly.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Added Larry's unable to stop FF or pause live TV, to the issue thread.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Have you tried it since the F1 release?
If the code is similar to the HR20's, and from the initial feedback (from wolffpack and others)... the First Run vs Repeat logic has improved significantly.
Yes, the FR logic is much better. I'm very pleased (as if my pleasure has anything to do with DTV or anyone else :grin:). I know I'm still having problems with Food Network stuff that I don't have with my Tivo units, but again, I'm very pleased thus far with the FR logic I'm seeing! :righton:

Looks like TDC is working great. Need to check SCIFI and others yet.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
qwerty said:
Still having the black screen/freeze problem under 10F1. The program was recorded prior to the upgrade, though. I was able to 4X FF throught the "stuck" part.
qwerty,

Did you every do a DA/REC reformat on yours? If not, maybe now would be the time to start with a fresh slate?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Added Larry's unable to stop FF or pause live TV, to the issue thread.
I moved them. As annoying and frustrating as those issues might be, I want to reserve "severe" for loss of data issues (missed recordings, recordings being deleted, etc.)

BTW, the inability to pause live TV isn't new. I saw it the other day on my 300 running whatever version the 300s run today (two versions back from the 500).

41 - 60 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.