DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any "solid talk" about an update this week; and what it might fix?

I'm looking for more stability and a fix for the DD that seems to be backwards!......anything else will be gravy!

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
I think one of the "easy" fixes HAS to be to properly pad recordings; surely that one will be in there. That, the backwards DD settings for some (hasn't hit mine) should get fixed quickly I would think. The one I really want to see is to make sure trick-plays work correctly all the time. I'm referring of course to the pause/unpause glitch that sometimes returns you to the pause point and sometimes jumps you all the way to real-time. I also had one last night trying to skip to real-time from about 10 minutes behind and instead got dumped back to the beginning of the 90 minute buffer. It took a few minutes to FF3X back to real-time but it worked.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
I would like to see fixes for the following this week please:

High Priority

Unwatchable Recordings (negative time code and you cant play it this happens on
SD, MPEG2 and MPEG4 recording)

The Partial Bug - you have a scheduled recording but it does not record and the history shows Partial

771 bug - Searching for sat on tuner 1 or 2, I have see this message where both tuners are active and recording, where one tuner is blank and I had to stop the recording change the station and come back where it works just fine. I am assuming that there is some variability in how fast the unit can lock in to a transponder and that is causing some kind of time out error in the HR20. I wonder if there needs to be some more robustness in the coding here to make it more tolerant, perhaps some more retries or it could be that some status bit is not being set, but this need to be fixed because it causes a failed recording when the transponder are fine and all the cabling is fine.

Stability Stability Stability, I have had 2 interface lockups or partial lockups (only guide, menu, list, info, exit, and power buttons work, no navigation buttons work) this week, please work on stability. D* you goal is to never have the red button pushed. Red button pushes because of code instability should automatically provide a free months service. I have read that other are having a much worse experience.

Less critical
Dolby Reversed - Off is On, not that major once you get use to the bizarro world

Interface normalization, please create some usability test. For example the 2 presses on the record button should work the same way in the grid guide as the channel guide. In all the released of code, when in the channel guide the second press does create a series pass but it does not show it on the screen until you do something to cause a screen refresh, that is a bug, there are more things like this, please clean them up.

·
AllStar
55 Posts
In my situation, I almost hate to see an update. I can only duplicate the occasional Pink FFx1,2,3., display. No big deal. Who knows what the next update might do to my system. :eek2:

·
Legend
109 Posts
My HR20 did something strange yesterday... I hit "Guide" twice and the date on the guide changed to 10/5/06 and while it showed programs in the grid, it wouldn't play anything. Then the guide itself hung and I had to hard reset it. Now, it hangs everytime I go from an MPEG-4 station (Local HD) to an MPEG-2 station (National HD).

I will call D* on Monday, but for now, I have reverted to the Comcast SA8300HD that I still have.

Very bizzare... :confused:

-Chuck

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
soccercoach61 said:
My HR20 did something strange yesterday... I hit "Guide" twice and the date on the guide changed to 10/5/06 and while it showed programs in the grid, it wouldn't play anything. Then the guide itself hung and I had to hard reset it. Now, it hangs everytime I go from an MPEG-4 station (Local HD) to an MPEG-2 station (National HD).

I will call D* on Monday, but for now, I have reverted to the Comcast SA8300HD that I still have.

Very bizzare... :confused:

-Chuck
That is strange. I was having some problems with the guide as well yesterday. When I tried to jump to date and time, it would miss it by 2 days. I just chalked it up to maybe something with changing from DST tp EST. Who knows?

·
Icon
600 Posts
Based on the amount of time it's taking to release this one, we can only hope that they are focusing on stability issues and NOT peripheral enhancements! Fix what's "broke" first!

My only hope is that this one reverses the damage done by the previous two releases! I had almost no serious problems until the OxD* release! Now, I just want it to work properly (and instantly) when I press REPLAY or FF buttons! I also would like to be able to quickly get back to live, although I have problems getting it to do that.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I will know more as the day/week goes on..

But right now, it is about a 50/50 shot if there will be a software update this week.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
If we get a software update this week - great, If not, oh well.

Do we really need a thread like this every single week ?

I'm content to just let Earl say when the new software is released.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.