DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I know if I am getting the software updates that I see on this forum? I have alot of the problems with my R 15 that other people have. I would just like to know if I am getting them. Thanks

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Check your system information page to find our Model Number and your Software Revision

· Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Of the three R15 models (-100, -300 and -500), only the -500 has had a recent software upgrade. The current version for it is 10E8.

Another update is expected, however recent events suggest that it may be a little longer in coming than previously anticipated. A very limited test release of 10F1 appears to have resulted in a number of problems being identified, and there has been no indication as to how long it may be before those are resolved.

If you are having problems and a regular reset does not resolve them, you should then try the "reformat" or "clear and delete" reset. From the menu, it is "reset everything". That generally tends to clear out the cobwebs and get the R15 running smoothly again, however it also erases anything you have already recorded.

Carl

· Legend
108 Posts
Just a suggestion: In the event you need to do a "reset everything", contact DTV first and wait until they ask you to do it. You may get some (well deserved) compensation of some sort that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.