DBSTalk Forum banner

Software version 0x263

573 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Doug Brott
Hi I am new here, so please excuse the stupid question, but I have looked around everywhere and could only find one reference to software version 0x263?

I recently "upgraded" from the HR10 and have two HR21-100's. One is running software version 0x255 (downloaded 8/9) the other is running 0x263 (downloaded 8/8). From everything I have read 255 is the latest national release, what is 263? Also both these machines are the same, why do they have different software versions?

Also a suggestion...
Could you perhaps put a link to the "HD DVR FAQ" thread and the "Undocumented HD DVR Tips and Tricks"in the stickies section. Right now they are buried in the General Discussion forum in a sub-forum "Information, Tips, and Resources". I would have never found them if another poster had not referred the FAQ.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
255 is the current national release. There is a CE program that allows those of us that want to test new versions of the software before it is released. If you do a download Friday or Saturday night between 11:00 PM and 3:00 AM eastern time, you will get the latest CE download.
See the following links for information about the CE program:

http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=60&f=118
263 is one of the Cutting Edge versions of the firmware. Basically at specific times (friday and saturday night) they put beta software on the sats for people to download and test. If you are interested check the CE forums http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

If you want to get back to a standard firmware you can reboot your receiver and press 0 2 4 6 8 as soon as the blue ring lights up or when you first see video display. This will force a download of the current national software. This will loose any recording made with the CE release however due to some new features they are testing.
If you are interested in anything else about the Cutting Edge, please visit our Cutting Edge forum. 0x0255 is the latest software version in national release.

I am closing this thread, as our rule is not to discuss the Cutting Edge outside of the Cutting Edge forum.
cborjon said:
Hi I am new here, so please excuse the stupid question, but I have looked around everywhere and could only find one reference to software version 0x263?
Any chance you are in Hawaii? Did you have your HR21 installed on 8/8 or 8/9? If so, then you may have gotten a CE version instead of the latest national released version.

There should be nothing wrong with keeping it at this level, but send me a PM if you have concerns.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.