DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just moved into a home that has a dish and wiring in place... no receivers.
Dish is lettered 'DishHD'.

I would like to purchase two receivers, both HD, one with DVR.... What would be the best models to purchase?

Where do I purchase the programming package and will I be able to get any of the promotional pricing?

Thanks very much for your help,
Eddie44

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
eddie44 said:
Hello,

I would like to purchase two receivers, both HD, one with DVR.... What would be the best models to purchase?

Where do I purchase the programming package and will I be able to get any of the promotional pricing?

Eddie44
Call 1-800-333-DISH(3474)

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
eddie44 said:
Hello,

Eddie44
You can sign up on line by going through process at dish.com or you can call.

But you can go to http://www.dish.com/support/ and use the chat option (center black circle) so that you have a transcript to save at the end. That's my preferred method of interaction with Dish and I'm a long time Dish customer. Like most such companies, they have pretty clear policies but for some reason customer service representatives can't always read.:sure:

If you want two boxes I would suggest a ViP722DVR (or a 722k with the module that has two off the air receivers if you can get off the air channels). I would also get a ViP612DVR for the second unit.

· Icon
654 Posts
If you are a new customer to Dish Network. Don't buy your receivers, just subscribe and Dish will lease you the receivers(ect) for the price of programing and you will get the promotions as well.

· Icon
837 Posts
Does it say SuperDish on it or just the DishHD? If it isn't the Superdish (it also had HD on it, but was never used for HD), then you most likely have the correct Dish for HD programming.

If not, the worst case is that they would have to replace the dish, which wouldn't be any more cost to you. The wiring is most likely still OK (unless someone intentionally ripped it out or it is cut somewhere).

· Godfather/Supporter
2,029 Posts
Just sign up for service like anyone would and have them come out. Let them determine what equipment can or can not be used there are way too many variables if you are not familiar with it. And don't buy the receivers, that's a novice mistake imho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.