DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some channels are appearing as grayed out in my guide, when using my custom favorites list, that I currently have. I can still view these channels and their content regardless, but I want them back to their original color. They are mostly all FSN and Comcast channels in my Sports pack. When I use the "Channels I Get" favorite option, it corrects this. But I don't want to use that list because it contains a lot of nonsense that I don't want to have to constantly scroll through. I've tried resetting, reauthorizing, etc. Nothing seems to work. It's been like this for about a week. Is there any way to remove channels from "Channels I Get" guide? I tried blocking the ones I don't want, but they still show up in the guide. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

· Hall Of Fame
1,743 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with some RSNs in the sports pack. I can watch but can't record. However, they're still greyed out when I run the "Channels I Get" feature.

I'm curious which stations are greyed out for you.

· Godfather
362 Posts
I wish I could give you a fix for this but it is an ongoing issue with "channels I get" or CIG. To learn more do a search for CIG in this forum. Many have reported improperly greyed (or not greyed) channels which incorrectly show the channel's availability. You don't really have a problem unless you don't get something you are paying for (although that doesn't mean you are happy about it!). Good Luck!

· Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The channels that are grayed out for me on custom favorites list are:

644-1 FSN Tennesse HD
648-1 FSN South Alt.
656-1 Sun Sports HD Alt.
660-1 FSN Ohio HD
661-1 FSN Cincinnati HD
666-1 CSN Chicago Plus Alt.
673-1 FSN Indiana Alt.
677-1 FSN Southwest Plus Alt.
678-1 FSN Houston HD Alt.
679-1 FSN Oklahoma HD Alt.
681-1 Altitude HD
684-1 FSN Utah HD
696-1 Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
698-1 Comcast SportsNet California HD

Like I said, I'm still able to view all these channels, but they're appearing grayed out in the guide. When I switch to "Channels I Get" they're no longer grayed out, it's just when using my custom guide(which I'd much rather use).

· Hall Of Fame
1,743 Posts
I have the same channels greyed out except for FSN Tennessee HD and FSN South Alt HD. Both of those are active in my guide.

It's really odd that we have almost the same channels greyed out. I tried to use "Channels I Get" a few days ago and those channels were not checked off in the setup process. I tried it again today and all channels get selected, but they're still greyed out in my guide. Weird.

Hopefully someone can explain what's going on and help prescribe a fix. What's really bumming me out is that I can't record games in HD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.