DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife recorded Rosie's last show yesterday on UTV. She was watching it last night and I overheard some of the prizes *each* member of the audience was getting for being there at the last show.

I walked into the room and noticed a "black box" on Rosie's desk. It was the last - and best - prize of them all. Each member of the audience got a brand spanking new Series 2 TIVO box!!

:rolleyes:

Like I said....some people have all the luck.

SteveK

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
I know!!! I couldn't believe that. I saw the box on her desk and immediately knew it was a TIVO but when she said that everyone in the audience was getting a TIVO 2 I just about fell out of my chair. Lucky scumbags.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
How many of the audience will go to activate it and get pissed off when they learn there is a monthly fee?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
Perhaps Rosie got a payoff for getting all of these Tivo's for everybody and Tivo thought most of them would activate for the $10 a month charge? HEHE.

·
Legend/Supporter
262 Posts
but REALLY folks - isn't this the LEAST they deserve?
I mean, they DID sit thru Rosie's show!!!! A Tivo seems like small reward to me...

:ewww:

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
i guess i should warn the moderators of my only major pet peave in life....

it is EXTREMELY discourtious for anyone to drop little nuggets like that without the intent of following thru-if you have inside information to share, then feel free to share it(it's one of the reasons i frequent boards like this), but if you have information and you can't share it for WHATEVER reason, then be polite and KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!!!besides the pointlessness of it(little games like this DON'T get people excited-it just an irritant), it's also just plain rude...

off my soapbox...

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
I'm with you Jack...

But in this case it's no secret. DarrellP's hint is way too obvious. The Series 2 DirecTiVo includes a small compressor and refrigeration compartment. It's dual-function is too keep the internal CPU, HDs etc cool and you can keep up to a six-pack of your favorite beverage chilled at the same time!

G

·
Originally posted by karl_f
How many of the audience will go to activate it and get pissed off when they learn there is a monthly fee?
If anyone "gives away" a brand new TiVo without the service they're just baiting a commercial hook.

Rosie's rich enough so the difference in price between a couple of hundred TiVo's subbed and unsubbed shouldn't have been a problem. If the TiVo's were unsubbed shame on her for pandering for TiVo. I'm sure there was a special deal on the pricing anyway.

·
Icon
622 Posts
Remember monthly or lifetime are options for Tivo subs. Do they still offer the annual?

Considering this farewell show was sure to be a ratings winner, perhaps Tivo wrote off some or all of the costs of harware and/or subscription as advertising.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.