DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to get HDTV soon and I'm also thinking about switching to DISH from DTV. I read user guide for 622 and I still don't get it :confused:

Can I record 2 different shows at the same time and watch 2 different recorded shows on two different TVs?

If I have OTA, can I record 3 different shows and watch 2 different recorded shows on two different TVs?

Thank you very much.

Confused:lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
darekd said:
I'm planning to get HDTV soon and I'm also thinking about switching to DISH from DTV. I read user guide for 622 and I still don't get it :confused:

Can I record 2 different shows at the same time and watch 2 different recorded shows on two different TVs?

If I have OTA, can I record 3 different shows and watch 2 different recorded shows on two different TVs?

Thank you very much.

Confused:lol:
Why are you confused everything here is correct, record 2 sat show & 1 OTA ATSC channel. Then playback 2 diff ones at the same time. That is exactly what it will do.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
The caviet on the 3 shows is that one must be from the OTA and the other two from Dish.

·
Legend
127 Posts
This is a great Dish feature, and as you have seen, you are correct.

I have only once actually done this, but boy was I glad when it did. I have a couple of times during the week where I have two network shows on at the same time that I want to record. One time there was a special on that I wanted to record for the kids on a third network at the same time. So I was recording the special on the OTA, and I was recording the other two networks on the two sat tuners.

At the same time I was watching a recording on my TV downstairs, while my daughter was upstairs watching another recording. I remember sitting there with my fingers crossed, expecting the receiver to choke at any moment. It didn't, and it handled it all very well. Pretty amazing actually, considering it is all one hard drive. They have some amazing queueing going on there.

·
Legend
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for all the responses. I was kind of confued by the document that explains setting for Record Plus.

·
5 Posts
what is a erro code 85. i hooked up a external hard drive and it says its not recognized. called dish got someone who didnt speak but 3 words of english. if anyone can point me to a good guide on what the usb ports are for other than to run the cooling pad from a laptop. I need help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts