DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AllStar
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Sonora line lock and now my HD and SD picture quality has really degraded. has anyone experienced this? I'm sure all my connections are tight. The only thing thats questionable is the cables that come from the LNB'S to the top of the Sonora may not be in the right order... I was under the impression they had no particular order (from the "fewer glitches" thread). It would be impossible to tell the order without taking off the LNB's. Anyone have any ideas? There is a definite lack of crispness. I'm using the AU9 slimline dish.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
"Sharpness" of the picture, can not be effected by the Sonora Line Locker.

It is a digital signal... A bunch of 0's and 1's.
So either the unit get's all the 0's and 1's or it doesn't.

It is not like Analog, where a weaker signal results in a less-then desireable picture.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
2tonedug said:
Thats what I thought, just like OTA HD you either get it or you don't. What could have happened? I made no other changes. Only the line locker...
Are you connected via HDMI or component.
Double check that maybe somehow, that those lines didn't come adjar.

Could try a reset...
Or maybe double check your TV settings.

Really don't know, as there is no technical way the Sonora could make a difference in your PQ.

·
Legend
192 Posts
2tonedug said:
Thats what I thought, just like OTA HD you either get it or you don't. What could have happened? I made no other changes. Only the line locker...
Try removing the line locker and see if the problem goes away or remains.

·
AllStar
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Earl, I'm using the HDMI, and have been from day 1 ( installed the hr20 early last week) with with crystal clear pictures. I'm gonna turn the unit off, unplug and the replug the HDMI, the red button reset. Hopefully that fixes it. I'm super bummed.

·
AllStar
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2tonedug said:
Earl, I'm using the HDMI, and have been from day 1 ( installed the hr20 early last week) with with crystal clear pictures. I'm gonna turn the unit off, unplug and the replug the HDMI, the red button reset. Hopefully that fixes it. I'm super bummed.
Just reset it. No change. I guess I'll take the line locker out of the loop tomorrow:grrr:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Be sure to unplug your TV (at least once).
To force a full re-sync of the HDMI connection

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.