DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sony SAT HD-100 Receiver wont turn on? It all started about 6 months ago when receiver could not find a signal. I called D* and they could not figure out the problem, they had me do all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I got busy and just watched cable instead of D*.

Today, I figured I would try to get my D* back up. The Sony HD-100 would not power up, so I unplugged it and then plugged it back in and it fired up, but no signal. I started playing with the coax and blem on it and cleaned the copper wire that plugged into the receiver, and I noticed that I was able to receive a signal if I did not screw the coax in all the way. I continued to to wiggle the wire and then the recieved just shut down? I tied unplugging it and rebooting but it still does not turn on?

Note: I only have (1) receiver in my house, so I can not try another receiver.

Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life? I really like this receiver (HD, RF, SAT/Cable input).

If it is receiver is dead, can I get it repaired? If not what is the best recevier on the market that has all the bells and whistles? is it the HD20?

Thanks!!!:)

·
3 Posts
I have two of these receivers, and have had a similar problem with both.
If you take the case off, there is a fuse where the power cord connects. I removed, checked, and cleaned the contacts on the fuse, and checked the plug-in connection, and it solved the problem with both receivers.

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wmhar said:
I have two of these receivers, and have had a similar problem with both.
If you take the case off, there is a fuse where the power cord connects. I removed, checked, and cleaned the contacts on the fuse, and checked the plug-in connection, and it solved the problem with both receivers.
Ok, Thanks for the response. I removed all the cover and checked all the fuses, The fuses seem to be ok? I did notice that the fan was not working, so I took my finger and rotated it and the fan started spinning. When the fan spins it poers up, but the fan makes a squeaking noise and then stops spinning and then it shuts of. I think my fan is shot? Any one know where to get a new fan?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
daytoday said:
Ok, Thanks for the response. I removed all the cover and checked all the fuses, The fuses seem to be ok? I did notice that the fan was not working, so I took my finger and rotated it and the fan started spinning. When the fan spins it poers up, but the fan makes a squeaking noise and then stops spinning and then it shuts of. I think my fan is shot? Any one know where to get a new fan?

Thanks!!!
Not exactly sure what size fan your HD100 uses, but you can find a good selection at your local Radio Shack or computer store. Also check online, for example http://www.partsexpress.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.