DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Icon
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting this message when I try to view Atlanta HD locals.

VIP 622 with Dish 1000.2 and a 61.5 wing dish connected into the 1000.2

· Icon
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went out and blocked off the 129 LNB and ran a switch test and it didn't help.
I'll go back out and unblock 129 and block 61.5 and see what happens since they are on both.

· Icon
927 Posts
ssmith10pn said:
I went out and blocked off the 129 LNB and ran a switch test and it didn't help.
I'll go back out and unblock 129 and block 61.5 and see what happens since they are on both.
The screen you are seeing is broadcast from Dish to your receiver.

Running checkswitches and covering LNBs won't change the fact that they can't send you a channel that they aren't receiving.

The problem is on their end.

Sit down, relax. They'll fix it when they can.

· Icon
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope this has been going off and on for a week. I blocked 61.5 and ran a check switch and all works fine now. They must be having Atlanta HD problems on 61.5

· Legend
157 Posts
ssmith10pn said:
I just checked and the channels are working on my tv. I have a dish 500 pointed at 110 and119 and a swing dish at 61.5

· Icon
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might be a switching issue in my 1000.2

· Super Moderator
54,213 Posts
or an aiming/line of sight issue on 61.5°.

· Icon
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
James Long said:
or an aiming/line of sight issue on 61.5°.
I'll check that.

The weird thing is when it tries to find the the station it looks on 110 first. Then switches over to 61.5 and a few seconds later brings up that screen.

· Registered
147 Posts
ssmith10pn said:
I'm getting this message when I try to view Atlanta HD locals.

VIP 622 with Dish 1000.2 and a 61.5 wing dish connected into the 1000.2
We had the same screens 4 or 5 weeks ago on Ch 2 & 6 here in Portland. Called dish and they said it was a uplink issue and that is why they display the screen. They also said to sit tight and it would be resolsolved shortly.

Well ther shortly was on and off for two weeks. Works great now though.

· Icon
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I was missing recordings and didn't know why. It was only giving that screen on one tuner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.