DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems with the Upcoming Dec1 date I 'm looking at some options to KEEP ALOT of options for networks. Given I have ALL the networks onwith my cable co( have cable modem and BASCIC,BASIC CABLE CH. 2-13 which includes all local nets works.) being in Biloxi, ms we are in a Dead area as far as market share goes but Local cable co's DMA includes New orleans and Mobile who are on dish. but Only 2 are actually in Mississippi (wlox-abc wxxv-fox) ? can I get one of these markets (mobile or new oleans? Obviously I'd love to keep my distants hasnt been too long now I got Fox waiver so now I have Fox, Nbc,Abc,Cbs EAST and WEST coast on Dish and Abc-Biloxi,Cbs, Mobile AND New Orleans, Fox-Gulport and New orleans and Nbc -New orleans. so it was nice having 15 network STATIONS TO CHOOSE from especially for NFL I havent heard a PEEP form Dish I EXCEPT my HD-Platnium package DID say HDPlatium and added the DNS east west but this months It says HD PLATNIUM W/LOCALS? Seems Most of my Channels are listed as significantly veiwed (Link Below Page 209 harrison co) but can dish turn on Moblie or New orleans? iF SO I 'll drop basic cable 2-13 and just have cable modem? sorry for long post... Seems with the Upcoming Dec1 date I 'm looking at some options to KEEP ALOT of options for networks. Given I have ALL the networks on with my cable co( have cable modem and BASIC,BASIC CABLE CH. 2-13 which includes all local nets works.) being in Biloxi, ms we are in a Dead are as far as market share goes but Local cable co's DMA includes New orleans and Mobile who are on dish. but Only 2 are actually in Mississippi (wlox-abc wxxv-fox) ? can I get one of these markets (mobile or new oleans? Obviously I'd love to keep my distants hasnt been too long now I got Fox waiver (HAVE HAD Abc,Cbs and Nbc for 7years) so now I have Fox, Nbc,Abc,Cbs EAST and WEST coast on Dish and Abc-Biloxi,Cbs, Mobile and New Orleans, Fox-Gulport and New Orleans and Nbc -New Orleans. so it was nice having 15 network STATIONS TO CHOOSE from especially for NFL I havent heard a PEEP from Dish I EXCEPT my HD-Platnium package DID say HDPlatium and added the DNS east /west feeds at 1.50 each but this months It says HD Platnium W/LOCALS[email protected] 5.00. Seems Most of my Channels are listed as significantly veiwed but can dish turn on Moblie or New orleans? iF SO I 'll drop basic cable 2-13 and just have cable modem and save 10bucks for the 2-13 locals.... sorry for long post...

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-05-187A2.pdf

·
Banned
989 Posts
Oh good grief. I got a headache just trying to read that.

·
Banned
989 Posts
Darkman said:
Long time chad, .. no see :D

How ya doing anyhow? ;)
Huh? Just gone for the holidays. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
3,474 Posts
rtd2 said:
sorry for long post...
Long posts are much easier to read when you break them up into paragraphs.

You have cheap (but not free) locals on cable, and you have a waiver from Fox. If I were you, I'd wait and see until the waiver status changed before making other changes.

If there's some other specific question we can answer, please try again.

·
Legend
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FTA Michael said:
Long posts are much easier to read when you break them up into paragraphs.

You have cheap (but not free) locals on cable, and you have a waiver from Fox. If I were you, I'd wait and see until the waiver status changed before making other changes.

If there's some other specific question we can answer, please try again.
Michael,
Sorry about the Long post I typed it in a hurry. I appreciate your response and I'm going to take your advice and wait and see. as of this post I still have All my DNS feeds-east and west.

·
Legend
171 Posts
rtd2 said:
Michael,
Sorry about the Long post I typed it in a hurry. I appreciate your response and I'm going to take your advice and wait and see. as of this post I still have All my DNS feeds-east and west.
Well you are like me, neither of us will have the East or West DNS (in my case West = Denver) feeds next week. At least I can switch to D* and get NYC and LAX with my RV Waiver. Another thing that helps me is that I am currently wintering in So. Cent. TX and can get San Antonio on 110 but next summer I relocate to a location where the LIL are on 148 and I don't want to re-aim 2 dishes every 2-3 weeks when I move around the CG.

Weather E* will give you NO or Mobile depends on SV or your DMA and what is allowed for Biloxi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.