DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my in-laws currently have dish network and have I belive the 311 reciver units in their home. Every morning they come downstairs and turn on the set and it just provides an error of 004 and to fix the problem the old man goes to the basment and unplugs the system and it reboots and there is no problem for the rest of the day.
He ended up calling Dish and complained and to apese him they offering an upgrade to hi def and giving him the vip722. Here is my question. He lives in the Zip of 44024 in ohio and currently there is a Dish 500 on the roof and they have 3 of the 311 recivers. When they come to install the vip 722 and leave the two 311's could they use a dish 1000 or will they have to use a second dish 500 for the hidef?

Sorry about the long post. Just dont have all the answers and CS is useless sometimes. Thanks!

Sorry, one addl question. Should we also ask them to upgrade the other 2 recivers while we are at it? We don't need DVR functionality on those 2 recivers. Thanks again.

· Mentor
42 Posts
Raymie said:
They could use a 1000 - I see that this is near Cleveland. If they need FSN Ohio, they can't use an Eastern Arc+D500 setup because FSN Ohio is on 129 only.
They might just put up another Dish 500 up. I would, it would be much easier. Or just take down the current Dish and put up a 1000.2, I think you can only upgrade reciver every 12 months.

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
tim3342 said:
So my in-laws currently have dish network and have I belive the 311 reciver units in their home. Every morning they come downstairs and turn on the set and it just provides an error of 004 and to fix the problem the old man goes to the basment and unplugs the system and it reboots and there is no problem for the rest of the day.
He ended up calling Dish and complained and to apese him they offering an upgrade to hi def and giving him the vip722. Here is my question. He lives in the Zip of 44024 in ohio and currently there is a Dish 500 on the roof and they have 3 of the 311 recivers. When they come to install the vip 722 and leave the two 311's could they use a dish 1000 or will they have to use a second dish 500 for the hidef?

Sorry about the long post. Just dont have all the answers and CS is useless sometimes. Thanks!

Sorry, one addl question. Should we also ask them to upgrade the other 2 recivers while we are at it? We don't need DVR functionality on those 2 recivers. Thanks again.
I think there is a lot of the story being left out. Why does he want to upgrade from a basic receiver to a HD DVR? He is going to get hit with a DVR fee and a HD programming fee at the least. If one of the 311's needs repair he can add the DHPP to his account and get a free replacement for $5.99/Mo. and then cancel DHPP after the problem is cured.
At the very least he should replace 2 of the 311's if he goes with the 722, use the TV2 output to save $5 permonth that he would be paying for the 311.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.