DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody else having trouble with the sound cutting out during live programming like Nascar racing on NBC New York channel 82 in HD? :confused:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
I don't "hear" it on any type of regular basis... but then again, I don't watch many thing live.

One suggestion to help the issue... watch everything about 2 seconds delayed. AKA, instead of being on the exact edge of the buffer. Pause for about 2 seconds and start playback.

·
Legend
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spidey said:
is this an issue today or all the time? We watch 82 every morning and record some of our NBC HD programs from it
Every race for the last 3 weeks.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
I had a lot of sound dropouts on the NFL game last night, on NBC in NYC (82). Same with Fox earlier, on Channel 88. But they only persisted for a short time, say 30 minutes, and then stopped.

·
Icon
669 Posts
I am having the same sound drop out problem with the HR10-250. For the last few weeks the NASCAR races have been doing this. I am watching it hours later from the recorder, not live.

·
Legend
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LI-SVT said:
I am having the same sound drop out problem with the HR10-250. For the last few weeks the NASCAR races have been doing this. I am watching it hours later from the recorder, not live.
Thanks for all your inputs. I just had a technician here and he told me it's a software problem. :nono:

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
I have a lot of weird sound problems with NBC in general. I get them via HD locals for the Raleigh/Durham area. I can also watch them OTA. I get a lot of popping and cracking when they switch to and from commercials. I get sound drop outs, and what I can best describe as sound glitches.

I've watched some OTA from the same local affiliate and I hear the popping and cracking OTA as well. My friends who have cable say that they have similar issues with that affiliate. However, I haven't watched it long enough OTA to hear the other wierdness.

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
I have had the sound drop out on me while watching House in HD (few other times but I can't rem. Right after the commercial the program started without sound.... so I rewinded a few seconds and the sound came back... just another annoyance I have had to deal with regarding the HR20-700

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.