DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AllStar
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not exactly sure which sub forum to post this, so I'll ask it here. Yesterday, I turned on the TV and I had no sound coming from my HR44 through the TV speakers - connected via HDMI. However, sound came through just fine on my receiver using Toslink connection. Turned the HR44 off and on again and it still didn't work through TV. Later last night, while watching "The Blacklist" on NBC, the sound dropped out completely through the Toslink connection and the TV. Switched the channel to my OTA NBC feed and sound worked just fine through both sources. Waited until a commercial break, switched back to the DirecTV NBC feed and sound had returned. So, did anybody else have this happen - in general or specifically during "The Blacklist" last night? I did an RBR, but haven't watched anything yet today to know whether or not it made a difference. Thanks.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
Most likely just a glitch

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
I noticed I lost about 5 minutes of audio about 40 minutes into my HR34-700 recording of Blacklist.

·
AllStar
66 Posts
Sound on my Genie and clients can go out anytime....or multiple times a day and we switch to Channel 1 wait for it to talk on that channel and switch back to the Channel we were viewing. With DTV it is the Sound going out anytime on any Channel ( no rhyme or reasoning ) and with Dish it is the Picture anytime or multiple times a day. Neither is perfect.

·
Dad
6,613 Posts
Sound disappearing on OTA channels with Genies is typical for a number of users. Started over six months ago and has not been corrected.

Symptom is tune to OTA channel, after 30-45 mins sound disappears. Switch channels sound returns.
But recordings are not affected, its just live TV.

There are a few reports of this over the months.

·
AllStar
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NR4P said:
Sound disappearing on OTA channels with Genies is typical for a number of users. Started over six months ago and has not been corrected.

Symptom is tune to OTA channel, after 30-45 mins sound disappears. Switch channels sound returns.
But recordings are not affected, its just live TV.

There are a few reports of this over the months.
You misread my original post. I lost sound on the DirecTV channel. Sound was fine on my OTA channel.

·
Hall Of Famer
1,866 Posts
I sometimes have audio dropouts,
Not lost sound though on local feed once in a awhile, usually NBC or CBS,

but for OP is the national channel's not OTA.

·
CowboySooner
1,688 Posts
My daughter reported that while watching a recording on her wireless client (she did not specify what program) she was unable to change the volume. Volume up/down had no effect.

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
I WANT MORE said:
My daughter reported that while watching a recording on her wireless client (she did not specify what program) she was unable to change the volume. Volume up/down had no effect.
Isn't this more a function of the TV? Which client, what TV? What remote?

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
I am hoping this was a one time occurrence, and that turning the TV off and back on fixed it? Or that using the TV remote takes care of it, and that perhaps help is needed syncing the DIRECTV remote with the TV?

·
Legend
209 Posts
I lost sound today. Was watching the ball game between the giants and nats, after the game was finished I went outside for a walk when I got back in I turned the tv back on and no sound. I thought maybe something with my hdmi outlet on my panny st60 tried a different one and sound came back, plaugged back into original outlet and sound was ok. Not sure what the heck happened. This was using an h20 i believe it is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.