DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Mentor
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that after this latest update my A/V receiver switches to mono mode when I press some buttons on the remote. For instance when I fast forward it goes from Dolby Digital to Mono and then back once I'm done. Could this be in preparation for sound effects?

· DBSTalk Club Member
70 Posts
theantidote said:
I just noticed that after this latest update my A/V receiver switches to mono mode when I press some buttons on the remote. For instance when I fast forward it goes from Dolby Digital to Mono and then back once I'm done. Could this be in preparation for sound effects?
It's more likely that, during fast forward, the HR20 is not outputting Dolby Digital (I do not think DD integrity can be retained during fast forward) and your A/V receiver reverts to its default state, which is apparently mono.

I'm not sure that there would be any benefit to adding any sound processing to the HR20, but it's interesting. Can you describe any other similar situations, other operations, under which you see this happening?

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Directv is still in negotiations with Stephen Colbert for his patented and copywrited sound effects. After the lawsuit Mr. Colbert filed with Tivo for the use of sound effects with the same "look and feel" as his used in "The Daily Show" and now "The Colbert Report", Directv decided to license the sound effects even tho the sound effects Directv was planning on use were created by the same open source team as Linux.

Directv spokesmen have been heard to state they appreciated the "Novell Gambit" of Lawsuit avoidance.

All this is hogwash, a joke, and in poor taste. :) You are welcome to return to your regularly scheduled RBR followed by FOOTBALL!

Do remember to be safe this weekend, we need your posts here.
Tom

· Hall Of Fame
1,743 Posts
dervari said:
I don't think it's sound processing the OP is referring to, but sound effects, like th Tivo "bloop bloop" sounds.
The OP is asking if the sound processing that the A/V receiver is showing could be a sign of sound effects coming in the future. I believe it's because during the trick play operations the HR20 isn't transmitting any signal causing the A/V receiver to return to default mode.

theantidote said:

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
Could it be that the sound effects are emanating from frustrated HR20
users as they utter exclamations of frustration, anger and rage? :ramblinon :grrr: :bang

:sure:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.