DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I was planning on ordering a surround sound system (for DirecTV & DVD player) in the $500 range. Than, I stumbled across Yamaha's YSP-1000 digital sound projector.

It costs a lot more than my planned expenditure; however, it really looks good. In fact, the write up (by Yamaha :rolleyes: ) seems too good. Does anyone have experience with this type of sound system?

5 Posts
frank29 said:
Tonight I was planning on ordering a surround sound system (for DirecTV & DVD player) in the $500 range. Than, I stumbled across Yamaha's YSP-1000 digital sound projector.

It costs a lot more than my planned expenditure; however, it really looks good. In fact, the write up (by Yamaha :rolleyes: ) seems too good. Does anyone have experience with this type of sound system?
The system works great...easy to install, no wires all over the place, weird to hear sound coming from behind you and around you when you KNOW there are no speakers there. I have the YSP-1 and leave it on easy setup for my room size. The YSP-1000 has an auto calibrate that will tweak the projector for your setup. Works best with a subwoofer (I have a Velodyne 3500). Should work great with the digital sound.

Don:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.