DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Icon
Joined
·
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After everyone involved in this forum has posted their grief I think we should take it upon ourselves to try and see if there are any commonalities to the issues we are seeing. The two things that I would be most curious about is when boxes were manufactured, type of interface being used and temperature readings.

So if you're having problems with your box, please post the details of the type of problem here along with the following information: date of manufacture (it's on a sticker on the bottom of the unit), current temperature reading, and whether you are using HDMI, component or some other type of connection.

I would truly be curious to see if maybe there's a bad batch of boxes, some thermal problem or if they truly are random. I find it really amazing that there are those of who have no problems, and others whose boxes act like they are going to fall over dead any second.

Earl, maybe we should make this a sticky item if people start posting, and maybe WE can help D* do this type of analysis to see if there is just a bad bunch of machines out there.
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Source Of My Woes.... This Forum...

:D

Right now though, I will leave this as a non-sticky thread, simply because I have gotten complaints about how many stickies there already are.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Source Of My Woes.... This Forum...

:D

Right now though, I will leave this as a non-sticky thread, simply because I have gotten complaints about how many stickies there already are.
No problem with that. We'll see if we get many takers. I'm really curious about whether there is some commonality to the issues that the guys at D* are missing though.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hadji said:
assembled in Mexico. not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:
I believe they have all been assembled in Mexico. I think the bigger problem might be at the component level (bad fans, different revs of chip BIOS, etc.)
 

·
Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
25,479 Posts
lguvenoz said:
So if you're having problems with your box, please post the details of the type of problem here along with the following information: date of manufacture (it's on a sticker on the bottom of the unit), current temperature reading, and whether you are using HDMI, component or some other type of connection.
To that I would suggest adding informaiton about whether or not the receiver is located in an oven... erm... cabinet. I think you may find a substantial correlation between failures and receivers that are enclosed.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
183 Posts
lguvenoz said:
After everyone involved in this forum has posted their grief I think we should take it upon ourselves to try and see if there are any commonalities to the issues we are seeing. The two things that I would be most curious about is when boxes were manufactured, type of interface being used and temperature readings.
I don't know the manufacture daye of my box, but I'll check tonight. I purchased it from BB on September 13th. It's hooked up to a Panasonic TH-42PX60U via HDMI and to a Toshiba 32HL66 in the bedroom via component video. It's in a cabinet with no front door but with a back panel with wiring holes cut in it. With an ambient room temp of about 68F, the unit has been around 122F. 18 series links. HDD has never been past 50% full.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
matto said:
i thought this was a thread about my wife for a second
I can relate except that the biggest woes I get from my wife are about the HR20 these days... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,880 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Source Of My Woes.... This Forum...

:D

Right now though, I will leave this as a non-sticky thread, simply because I have gotten complaints about how many stickies there already are.
Complaints about only 6 stickied threads? I've been to forums where there were over 15 stickied threads. 6 is no big deal. I personally think we need one more, "HR20 - FAQ".
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top