DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· AllStar
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take it thats not a good thing...I was hoping there might be an individual out there who is local to S. Jersey that could help me out with a project...

-Mike

· Hall Of Fame
3,071 Posts
Mike32280 said:
I take it thats not a good thing...I was hoping there might be an individual out there who is local to S. Jersey that could help me out with a project...

-Mike
Sorry Mike,

There are many competent installers in the area you mentioned. I thought you might be a recruiter trying to sign up installers. A suggestion for finding someone for your project would be to identify your town or zip code. South Jersey could be Cape May and Philadelphia is on the other side of the planet from there.

Calling the local DTV Home Service Provider (HSP) or Alternate Fulfillment Provider (AFP) will not get you where you want to go. Consider a company that advertises as a Home Theater Service.

Joe

· AllStar
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I'm definitely not a recruiter although I guess I am trying to recruit somebody for a couple hours one day...I live in Swedesboro, NJ just off the Commodore Barry Bridge....I think I have a bad LNB on my slimline that needs to be replaced, and I need to run some new coax and basically clean up a mess my last service tech left me....I'd also like to wire in an external SWM since I have HR20's and "legacy" boxes...also need to diplex a couple of lines with a comcast signal if possible...

I could probably do it myself but I'd love to get someone who knows what their doing and has access to the hardware to help me out...obviously I'm willing to compensate this person accordingly....I just really don't want to go through D*'s service dept. as you never know what your going to get...

· AllStar
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mertzen said:
I'd do it for you but the trip from NYC would get pricey on gas alone. But you never know.

No go on the diplexing with comcast though.
give me a couple of days to see if i can find anyone more local, but hey you never know maybe we can work something out....

i can't diplex a cable signal onto the same coax as the D* signal huh, only an OTA signal?

· Hall Of Fame
3,071 Posts
Mike32280 said:
give me a couple of days to see if i can find anyone more local, but hey you never know maybe we can work something out....

i can't diplex a cable signal onto the same coax as the D* signal huh, only an OTA signal?
Mike,

I had problems myself and got service calls to fix jobs by others re diplexing the CATV & the DTV. The issue was always DTV would bump the internet....... I just ran another line. (Or tried to rig the job first and let the cable guy run the other line.

Joe

· Legend
162 Posts
Well Ive had no prob diplexing Brighthouse TV and SD DTV, but there still may be issues Ive not been made aware of, and the customer may not even realize what should be right. I have heard conflicting accounts of cable internet and SD DTV, so I stay away from doing it.

· Hall Of Fame
3,071 Posts
Mike32280 said:
so it sounds like you may be able to diplex a CATV signal in with a D* signal, but not Cable internet...

sound right?
Yup,

At least not at the same time on the same line. I tried to convibce a guy to just be aware of the issue and not watch DTV while on the internet. He still wanted the wire.

Joe

· AllStar
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Scott J said:
Mike,

Were you able to find an installer? I am going to be moving to a new home soon (Exton/West Chester, PA area) and could use a good installer. My HD upgrade a year and a half ago was very painful.

Thanks
unfortunately no...thinking i'm just going to bite the bullet and do it myself...i'd rather screw it up myself for lack of knowledge, than have an installer screw it up for lack of quality workmanship

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.