DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved into a new home that already had dishnetwork. Signed up for a 3 receiver deal with pvr 501. Installer left the old dish and receiver so what will I be able to use it for? Am trying to get local channels. Will I need the dish for them if I ever get it done? Any other possible applications that I might need it for?
Thanks
Steve

· DishRetailer.com Administrator/Supporter
107 Posts
Call Dish Network and tell them you bought the receivers at a yard sale and you want to see if there is any $ owed against them. They will want to R00 number off of the back of the receiver. If they have money owed against them(which they probably do). They are not much good to you unless you pay the amount owed. However, you can use the Dish for extra programming such as locals if you qualify. If they do not owe money, you can sell them on ebay for a reasonable amount depending on what model they are.'

Hope this helps!!

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already registered but now filled in general info. Live in Lubbock, Tx 79424. Guess the only way for locals is either "move" or rv. Do have an interest in an rv so could register it in my name and get that done. How long would it take for dishnetwork to make the change? Could also find an area around and get an address there. May be faster that way. If I get this done will I use the spare dish for either local or distant networks?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.