DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buzzing sound coming from my receiver that is connected to my DirecTV receiver and other components. I have disconnected the components one at a time and determined that the buzzing sound happens when I connect the satellite inputs to the HR-21. I believe this is a grounding problem. Does anyone have a way to resolve this issue?

·
Superfly
4,567 Posts
Try flipping the DirecTV's power plug. That would lift the ground on the DirecTV receiver.

Do another test, though. Leaving the DirecTV receiver connected to your HT receiver, disconnect the coax cable coming into the back of it. If the buzz goes away, you have a problem with the grounding of your DECA/SWiM system (assuming you have that) or with the dish itself.

If that is the case, call DirecTV and have them come out and fix it, assuming they did the installation. Ground loops are generally not a problem with DirecTV systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.