DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· AllStar
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to add an HD DVR. In the past I have purchased these from a vendor so I could get the latest units. My other units are HR24s. New units cost over $200. and Directv would give me one for $99. for being a long time customer.

Just wondering if the HR 23's are as fast as the HR 24s with the software upgrades. My 24s are very fast as to channel guide since the updates.

Is the HR 23s comparable?

· Hall Of Fame
2,628 Posts
I have one in my landscape of HR20-700s, HR22-100s, and HR24-500s, as well as H21-100 (and -200) plus H25-(100/500) and the speed of the HR23-700 is by and by the worst. Not all the time, but enough to frustrate.

Don "unfortunately not a model I'd recommend" Bolton

· AllStar
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I pretty much screwed myself. I was going to purchase an HR 24 off Amazon for $200. plus and decided to check with Directv. They said since I was a "special customer" they would give me one for $99. plus frt, tax.

Of course they sent me an HR23. In talking with Directv cust service, they said if it takes 5 seconds for the guide to change, that is acceptable. On my HR24, the guide changes as soon as I hit the key. Super fast.

I knew the answer but I ask what if I don't like the HR23 and want to return it. He said sure you can but you don't get a refund. So if I want to buy an HR24 I have to eat the $99. Lesson learned I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.