DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've had the new HD DVR for about a week now with no problems. This morning, I woke up to spinning blue lights. I hit the reset button. The blue Hello screen comes up and then the blue Almost There screen, and then it goes dead. Nothing on the screen and the blue lights just continue to circle.

I tried unplugging and the same thing happens. I've also tried seeing it through HDMI and through composite cables, and nothing changes.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
It sounds like your Hard drive is not initilizing... or the software download is no good..

When you are at the first screen "Welcome"
Hit 02468 (one time)... that will force a software download.

See if that fixes it.

· Legend
125 Posts
Did the forced update fix your problem JD315?

Tried to turn our HR-20 on today. First it would not power up it seemed. Then it did and was starting out like the reset button was hit. It would get to the "almost there" screen and start all over again. I am forcing an update now.

· Legend
125 Posts
Up I/it did the forced update. It says "almost there" and then it goes back to "your receiver is starting up....." then back to "almost there....." I am going to try to call them right now.

· Legend
125 Posts
LockMD said:
exact same thing with mine this past saturday. took me 3 days to rcv new box from fed-ex.
Did it come ground?

I will be out of town for the w/e, but wanted to record the Steelers/Chiefs game in HD. (I think) Guess I will have to count on the R-15. :lol:

· Icon
600 Posts
Now why would they send a replacement box, when THEIR software "upgrade" killed the box?! At the least, they should be sent 2nd day air!

· Legend
125 Posts
NFLnut said:
Now why would they send a replacement box, when THEIR software "upgrade" killed the box?! At the least, they should be sent 2nd day air!
I made the call and had to hand the phone over to the wife as it was time to go to work. When she told me wed, I asked her why she did not ask for overnight. :lol:

· Legend
125 Posts
New HR-20 was waiting on the front porch when we got in from out of town sunday night. Tracking shows that it did arrive Fedex ground on sat from Carlisle, PA.

New HR-20 has a build date of Oct 8th. Old one that installer supplied had a build date of 9/12.

New one works fine..........So far. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.