DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at Softbank's site, looks like they offer unlimited data there, at around $56 a month. Of course that means nothing for US service.

One comment the CEO of Softbank made was that every time he comes to the US, he complains about our cellular data speeds. Not sure if that was based on 3G.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,633 Posts
djlong said:
Hope this doesn't affect the unlimited data plan I'm on.
Hope this doesn't affect the sponsorship of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. They've already gone from Winston Cup to Nextel Cup to Sprint Cup in less than ten years.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They'd be making a mistake if they changed the name drastically. No normal customer knows what Sprint stood for, and they have had nothing to do with it since the 80's anyway.

I've already seen some confusion, "why is a Japanese bank buying Sprint" etc. I really don't think there will be name changes or anything. They say Hesse will still be in charge of it, but then we've heard that before. What I do see happening is drop the Nextel from the full name. But I think that would happen regardless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.