DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just trying out the Sling Adapter on my new Hopper.
I like the concept, but the browser interface kind of sucks.
Mine won't stay in full screen on Chrome (18.0.1025.142 m), and I'd prefer a standalone player that I could play either full screen or as a border-less window.

The majority of my use is actually across my home network. Is there a standalone player for PC that will connect to the Dish Sling Adapter?

DirectTV2PC from Cyberlink worked great.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just tested it in IE9 and it won't hold full screen there either.
I suspect it's being affected by my weather station software, which sends an update every 15 seconds.

914 Posts
Can you send me a screen shot of your screen so I can determine if tje application is not loaded properly. You can use IE, FF, or Chrome with Windows and Safari with Apple.

I have a Hopper and I'm able to sling without problems. Would you provide your login information to me in a PM so I can test your account and see what is happening? Please let me know. Thanks.

Marlin Guy said:
Just tested it in IE9 and it won't hold full screen there either.
I suspect it's being affected by my weather station software, which sends an update every 15 seconds.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll do it when I get home later. I'm also going to test it on another PC running Linux to see if that holds a full screen view... assuming it will run on Linux?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No love for Linux. How's that for irony? :nono:

I think I'll just install a tuner card on the PC and move a Joey.
This is one feature that could use some serious work.

·
Icon
616 Posts
Try Firefox. I could not get it to install at all in Internet Explorer but it seems to be ok on Firefox.

At first, I think there was a little instability but it settled down after a minute.

This was on my 722k, however so it could be different that the Hopper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.