DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
AllStar
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what the star next to the record icon means? Also, what's the difference between that and the star next to the record icon with an X through it?

·
Godfather
340 Posts
JLove336 said:
Does anybody know what the star next to the record icon means? Also, what's the difference between that and the star next to the record icon with an X through it?
The X means there is a recording conflict. I haven't figured out wat the star means.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
JLove336 said:
Nobody has any idea what the star means? Earl??? Somebody?
I have never seen what you are describing.
And you take a picture of it for us?

I am guessing that it is the Conflict indicator, but I can't be sure unless I see it.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Here's a picture of what I'm seeing

(yes I'm watching Oprah :) )

This is on South Park, where I have a series link for it, but I have two other programs set to record at Weds at 10 pm and those don't replay, so I have SP set lower in priority, so I assumed the icon meant it was a conflict. But, at 10 pm on Thurs, I only have 1 other program set, so it should record the Thurs one (I'm assuming that is a replay of the new one from Weds, but I don't know because the guide data sucks).

Oddly enough, this thing has never recorded SP for me. I tried going into the episodes list and hitting record on the Weds night at midnight one (I believe that's a replay of the new one) and despite seeing the R icon come up, it's never recorded it. I may just cancel the series link and try setting up a manual for the Weds night one.

·
Banned
686 Posts
The star means it is an autorecord search. The X probably means it is the loser in a tuner scheduling conflict, but who knows, the stupid manual doesnt explain the X icon at all.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
matto said:
The star means it is an autorecord search. The X probably means it is the loser in a tuner scheduling conflict, but who knows, the stupid manual doesnt explain the X icon at all.
But then it never records any! I probably did find it by a search, but I set up a Series Link for it.

And do you mean there is an X circle icon, a star icon, and (obviously) an X circle/star icon? I've never seen any beside the X circle/star one.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
matto said:
Dont ask me, the Manual For Dummies barely explains the half-dozen icons it actually lists.
Is there a new version of the manual? The PDF I have looks like it's dated either May 8th or August 5th (it starts with 060508).

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

·
AllStar
87 Posts
I get this all the time with my series link stuff when a lower priority item is not going to record. The only way I can make this item record is to give it higher priority. I have tried canceling the conflicting show that has a higher priority on just one show but it still will not update in the to do list unless I make the lower one higher in priority that the first. I think this is a bug. Anyone else have any suggestions as to how to get one episode to cancel in the to do list that has a higher priority and make this new one show up in the list?

Mike

·
DirecTV 10yr+ Customer
1,011 Posts
I thought the X was conflict and the * was for autorecord material that the DVR is finding based on a search. Example, if you do a search on anything that has "NBA" in the title and select auto-record the HR20 will attempt to record anything with NBA in upcoming titles. Thus, a X with * means a conflict with one of the items it found and something else.

Anyway....my understanding.

·
Icon
731 Posts
Yes.. and to make it super clear.. the start means it was set as a menu/search/keyword and the autorecord. See "I could'nt beleive it !!!" post.

·
AllStar
87 Posts
has anyone figured out an answer to this or even had this problem?

Mike

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.