DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that Star Trek ad for DirecTV HD is one of the best ever.

What do you think?

·
Beer Aficionado
1,683 Posts
I think Shatner is one of the best at poking fun at himself. It's a good commercial. And for the record I was NEVER a Star Trek fan, but I do like the commercial.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
My son tells me most of the footage is from ST VI. I've only seen the spot once, and I was pretty far from the TV at the time.

But I'm a Star Trek fan and I think it's funny, from what I saw.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
more than likely digitally enhanced or just mother nature

·
Icon
3,065 Posts
yea D* always come out with good funny commercials.

the one with mimi me and ben stine were good,
i also like the NFL SUPERFAN commercials. "let's all go out and get bikini wax's so that we look nice for our close ups"

·
Hall Of Fame
1,838 Posts
I'm a big fan of Star Trek and I love the ad. Can't see why any Trekies would disaprove unless they just take themselves and the series way too seriously. I especially love the line, "For what Star Fleet just ponied up for this big screen tv, settling for cable would be illogical." The thought that Star Fleet "ponied up" big bucks for a big screen tv for the Enterprise crew just cracks me up!

·
Godfather
373 Posts
For the record, that is from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. And as much as it pains me to agree with a Steeler's fan* it is a great commercial. I think they just put a bunch of makeup on Shatner. X-Men 3 had Patrick Stewart and whats-his-name digitally enhanced and it looked a LOT better than Shatner in that commercial.

(* actually, my girlfriend is a huge Steelers fan. I still don't get her terrible towel and Gorgonzola has to do with football :rolleyes: ..... guess that's another topic for another thread.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.