DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder - Stargate begins its 6th season and Farscape begins its 4th season tonight on the Sci-Fi Channel, with both being shown letterboxed.

I'm going to miss the Showtime upconversions of Stargate - it looked really, really good, and sounded great with the DD5.1 sound...

·
Founder
17,326 Posts
Originally posted by invaliduser88
BTW, Both Stargate and Farscape where shown in widescreen on Scifi Friday night.
Yes, that was actually pretty nice and the PQ wasn't bad for standard def. I like the fact that more shows are being presented in the letterbox format. For people with 16X9 monitors, doing a simple zoom allows us to enjoy the show with the screen filled.

G

·
I like the new look for SG-1: seems more theatrical to me.

Besides the commericals, a couple of nitpicks for me: I wish that SG-1 was on at 9 CT. Gave me more time to get my stuff done so I could sit down to watch. Was Farscape always on at 9 CT? I didn't use to watch it, but now that it's right after SG-1, I'll probably stick around and watch it more.

Plus, I'll have to record Firefly when it starts up since it'll be on the same time as SG-1.

Nitpick 2: I wish SG-1 was replayed later. I liked having 3 hrs between showings on Showtime in the infrequent case that I missed it at 9.

Overall, I'm glad Sci-Fi's got it, and I might start becoming a Farscape fan.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Kevin and welcome to DBSTalk! :hi:

Sci-Fi repeats Stargate and Farscape 2 hours after they initially air. The schedule (in MDT zone)is:

7:00 Stargate
8:00 Farscape
9:00 Stargate
10:00 Farscape

So, in the CDT zone, it'd be 8,9,10,11 for the shows. Farscape is an awesome show, although if you watch it tonight for the first time, I can almost guarentee you will be absolutely lost. Tonight is part 2 of an episode that part 1 of was completely confusing to the longtime fans of the show.

G

·
I've watched Farscape before because of my brother's recommendation and I caught some of it when Sci-Fi was rerunning the show every day from the beginning, but what I watched made it appear that Crichton is the only one that knows anything and always has to save the day.

Of course, after watching the last two episodes I want to go back and find out more about Scorpius- always thought he looked like a cool villian.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.