DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been watching Stargate SG-1 on the sci-fi channel? First before it left Showtime, they got rid of Daniel Jackson. Then last week, they destroy the original Stargate that was found in Egypt. What's up with these writers?

Suppose now Norad will get destroyed and the SGC will move to Macon GA!

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Yeah, I've watched...so far, I just dunno...I think that the ancient's weapon that Anubis was trying to destroy earth with was pretty cool, but then I also thought it was pretty lame that it could be destroyed with 2 glider shots.

I thought that the X-301 was pretty cool...but then they went and destroyed it. I hope that Jonas brought enough naquadria with him for another one!

I did think it made perfect sense that the Russians gave up their gate so easily - it was pretty worthless to them, as the SGC destroyed their dialout device last season. Plus they get the plans for X-302 and X-303...not a bad deal for something that is worthless to them.

For the record, Michael Shanks wanted off the show - it was his decision to leave. So far, I like Jonas well enough. I thought he was a really interesting character in his debut episode last season. The commercials really bug me (even pvring through them) and I do really miss the 5.1 DD sound!

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew about Michael Shanks but to tell you the truth, I think he was driven out. His character didn't have much to do the last couple of seasons which caused him to get bored. I think the producers wanted him out a long time ago for whatever reason.

You are right, I'm also starting to like Jonas. I am really getting a kick out of the interaction between carter and that other science dude (forgot his name). I loved the scene when she kissed him and told him she was more attracted to him when she hated him. Great stuff.

G

·
I remember thinking during season 4 that if anyone would leave the show it would be Christopher Judge. Talk about under-utilizing the character! Plus, he's always the one separated from the other 3, and when's he's doing his own thing, he gets captured, and usually tortured! (Reminds me of the early seasons of TNG with Worf)

Michael Shanks was well within his rights not to resign, but it was pretty well determined that season 6 would be the last. Why not stay the last season, earn a little money, and try to make sure Daniel gets a storyline or two?

So far I think Jonas is fine. I just hope Teal'c gets more to say and do (like kick some butt!) and that they get to do the SG-1 movie and series (Atlantis).

G

·
It's the proposed spin-off. The producers didn't want to do an SG-2 or SGC series so they're going to do it from a different perspective.
This week's episode is supposed to help play into it.

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did anyone else think that this week's episode was great. I thought it was the best one produced in months. Lots of action and some great effects. Loved it when Jonas "ringed" his way out of trouble in water. To my recollection, we have never seen the transport rings work in water.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
I thought it was a good episode, but I think this episde also pointed very clearly to sci-fi cutting the budgets for the fx. As I was watching it, there were at least 3 times that I thought there should have been an fx shot tying the scenes together - the biggest one being the crash of the ship into the ocean. If the show were still on Showtime, we would have seen that shot.

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
from various
I hope that Jonas brought enough naquadria with him for another one! ... So far, I like Jonas well enough.

I'm also starting to like Jonas.

Loved it when Jonas "ringed" his way out of trouble in water.
If he keeps this up, and starts wearing brightly colored shirts, the show will have to be renamed "Jonas Quinn Can't Lose."

:D

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
When he activated the rings while under water, I was expecting to have a problem with him rematerializing high and dry on the other end a la Star Trek transporters. But when he materialized along with the cylinder of water...and as soon as the rings receiced he and the water came crashing down, I was laughing in glee! That was well done.

I'm still warming up to Jonas, but he will do. I just don't want him to become Stargate's "Wesley Crusher!"

See ya
Tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts