DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew that the Daniel Jackson was going to die near the end of this season, but I was glad to see that they way that the writers killed him off did allow for an occassional guest appearance, although not likely...

The one thing about the episode that I didn't care for was the appointment (not official yet...) of his replacement. Can't remember the character's name, but he was the "ethical advisor" to the government on the research going on at the 1950's tech world. "I read the book you gave me... I'm a quick study..." Pretty much sets up the new member of SG-1. What '80's sitcom is the actor from, he looks awfully familiar, I just can't place him?

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
I had no idea that he was supposed to die but after doing some research last night on the internet, it looks like it was a long time coming. Apparently the producers and the actor just couldn't get along which facilitated his exit from the show. Too bad. He was a central character to the entire series. I bet the original creators of the movie are upset. What's funny is that if you listen to the running commentary on the Stargate movie DVD, the creators never did like the direction the series went in the first place.

·
4 Posts
Ray_Clum said:
What '80's sitcom is the actor from, he looks awfully familiar, I just can't place him?
Parker Lewis Can't Loose I believe. It also had the LARGE young orderly that has been on ER for a few seasons. I thought it was a very funny show. I was hoping that when I got my DTivo that I'd be able to program it to record reruns of that show SOMEWHERE but no luck :(

I think it broke the ground work for alot of the current 'flashback only' type shows.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,009 Posts
Season Five just hit DVD for any who are intereseted........

·
Icon
847 Posts
Scalper said:
Grrrr. I saw this post and thought OMG Daniel is going to die again?

Then I saw the time of posted. 2002! :)
Yeah, but it is highly ironic considering the commercials which show Amanda Tapping doing a eulogy for someone combined with the shot of Richard Dean Anderson getting knocked out. Gives you the impression that it might be O'Neill being killed off. Would almost fit if you've noticed Anderson's reduction in screen time this season. Note how much Tapping is in the lead instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts