DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Icon
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
I had the opportunity to see Continuum a couple of weeks ago, and I really enjoyed it. Much more so than The Ark of Truth. Once the story starts, it is pretty much non-stop edge of your seat for the entire length!

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
$16.99 at Amazon, but even though it's preordered and we have Amazon Prime shipping, I'll get it a day after it's release date. Still, it would cost me at least $5 in gas to get anywhere it might be available for pickup. Rural living.

· Founder
17,247 Posts
Watched it last night. Not bad. More like an extended episode.

As usual, extreme dramatic license was taken with the time travel. Still entertaining though. Lots of familiar faces from past seasons.

The Blu-Ray looks and sounds fantastic! The disc is encoded with DTS Master Audio (which my receiver can handle). I don't think Stargate SG-1 has ever sounded this good.

BTW, for those who don't have the capability to actually hear the HD sound formats (Dolby Tru-HD, DTS Master, etc.) I highly recommend upgrading at some point. At first I thought it wouldn't be a big deal but I must admit that the sound quality is better. Much more full and dynamic.

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Chris Blount said:
Watched it last night. Not bad. More like an extended episode.

As usual, extreme dramatic license was taken with the time travel. Still entertaining though. Lots of familiar faces from past seasons.

The Blu-Ray looks and sounds fantastic! The disc is encoded with DTS Master Audio (which my receiver can handle). I don't think Stargate SG-1 has ever sounded this good.

BTW, for those who don't have the capability to actually hear the HD sound formats (Dolby Tru-HD, DTS Master, etc.) I highly recommend upgrading at some point. At first I thought it wouldn't be a big deal but I must admit that the sound quality is better. Much more full and dynamic.
It's funny. When we first got our sound system everyone in the family raved as it really did significantly alter the viewing experience. The "kids" (late 40's) when they visit with friends still drag new ones upstairs to "listen to the TV." HD was a "yeah, that's cool" kind of change, but then we only have a 42" screen.

· Hall Of Fame
1,166 Posts
I watched last night on my smaller (73") screen from BD... I loved it, I hope they continue to make these movies as I miss SG1... nice to see all of the faces, too bad they couldn't have brought back Doc Frazier somehow...

· Registered
14,213 Posts
I enjoyed Continuum, even though just like Ark of Truth it was just an extended episode of the TV series. :)

I watched the extras after watching the movie, and was surprised how much I enjoyed the feature "Stargate goes to the Arctic" - that was awesome! "I clean the poop bags." :lol:

It was a lot of fun, and I liked the in-jokes at the beginning, like Walter commenting at the beginning how he finally got a reserved parking spot after 10 years, and Mitchell saying this may be the last time. "May?" :)

· Difficulty Concen........
Directv, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, HR34-700, HR44-500, C31-700, C41-700, 2 DIRECTV SWM16, 2 Zinwell WB68
7,251 Posts
Am I gonna be uber-lost watching it if I have not kept up with the show? Since SciFi shows it in mini-screen in a screen, I have not been watching any of it. Probably 2-5 seasons behind. I have been watching Atlantis.

· Icon
695 Posts
You just got caught up! ;) Oh, I suppose you might need to know that Valla is Katash (or something like that). If you didn't see her background, you may wonder why she's important. But the movie will still make sense. Especially that last scene where Daniel says "he's in for an interesting afternoon."

After watching it twice, I caught the part where Mitchell stumbles while leaving the pyramid in the scene mixed in with the ship being boarded and the Captain is shot. Didn't notice that the first time. (Don't want to give any more about it away for those who haven't seen it.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.