DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I got done with a rant about SciFi on another thread, this appears in my email from The Hollywood Reporter:
Sci Fi Channel isn't about to let down "Stargate" fans.

The network is set to announce the order of a new series from MGM Television, "Stargate: Universe," that will mark the third entry in Sci Fi's longest-running original series franchise.

The green light comes on the heels of Sci Fi's confirming Thursday that "Stargate: Atlantis" will not receive a sixth-season order. The "Universe" pickup ensures the continuation of the popular "Stargate" franchise, which has been on the air in various incarnations since 1997.
It's a rather long story, so check the link!

· Icon
748 Posts
From the press release on The Futon Critic
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20080822scifi01

After unlocking the mystery of the Stargate's ninth chevron, a team of explorers travels to an unmanned starship called the Destiny, launched by The Ancients at the height of their civilization as a grand experiment set in motion, but never completed.

What starts as a simple reconnaissance turns into a never ending mission, as the Stargate Universe crew discovers the ship is unable to return to Earth, and they must now fend for themselves aboard the Destiny.

The crew will travel to the far reaches of the universe, connecting with each of the previously launched Stargates, thus fulfilling the Destiny's original mission. Challenges will arise though as the ship comes into range of Stargates placed centuries ahead of the Destiny and the crew is unable to control the ship's navigational schedule. If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures.

Stargate Universe will debut as a two-hour movie event on SCI FI. Following its premiere, Universe will assume a regular hourly slot in Summer 2009.

· Registered
4,171 Posts
I agree with it sounding like a Stargate version of ST :Voyager however I like Voyager :)

My bigger concern is how they will handle the major change in the concept by not having a home base. In both SG1 and Atlantis you always had 'home' to come back to, now it is a never ending space mission. Hopefully it's good, I know I will be hecking it out.

· Icon
928 Posts
Sound interesting but Im not going to like it if Tela, Ronan and John Shepard's not in it, and oh yeah annoying Dr. MaCay and his ego!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.